Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help
   
MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > tempo in SmartMusic not the same as the Finale file  Forum Quick Jump
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Steve Burch
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Steve BurchAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2014
Total Posts : 2
 
   Posted 3/7/2015 5:41 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This hasn't happened before, but I have a file originally created in an earlier version of Finale, that, when I made a SmartMusic file, the tempo in the SmartMusic file is 120bpm. I have exported the file to an XML file, imported into Finale 2014, set the tempo (80bpm) in the expression tool, and also set the tempo in the tempo tool. Same result. Any ideas?
Back to Top

Jon Cielinski
SmartMusic Product Specialist



Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jon CielinskiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : -22
 
   Posted 3/9/2015 1:31 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Steve,

The best way to track down the reason the SMP file isn't playing at the right tempo would be to take a look at the original Finale file. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend submitting a support case at the link in my signature and attach both the Finale file and the exported SMP file.


Jon Cielinski
SmartMusic Product Specialist
MakeMusic, Inc.



These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact us directly at www.smartmusic.com/support.

Back to Top

posaune63
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to posaune63AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2013
Total Posts : 2
 
   Posted 10/3/2015 9:37 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had a similar problem recently (Finale 2014d). Using the tempo tool, I went in and cleared out any tempo information because I found that any tempo tool settings would overwrite the tempos assigned in the expression.
Also, I entered a 'reset tempo' SM code right at the beginning of the piece. This seemed necessary in a piece with solo instrument and piano accompaniment (but not necessary for that solo part alone). Just to be safe, I also entered 'reset tempo' codes for new tempos as well.
Back to Top
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
   
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, July 23, 2017 12:38 PM (GMT -5)
There are a total of 437,650 posts in 63,789 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads