Finale SmartMusic
  HomeLog InRegisterSearch the ForumHelp

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows > Tuplet Help  Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

visualmusic.4
Registered Member

Click to send visualmusic.4 email.Click to visit visualmusic.4's website.Send a Private Message to visualmusic.4AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 12/14/2006 9:00 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In Finale 2007, I'm entering tuplets in common time:

I'm just trying to enter 2 sets of 6 eighths in the space of 4 eighths (all in one measure). The first septuplet works no problem. The second septuplet only lets me add 5 but lists as 6.

Am I doing something wrong here? This is driving me nuts...

Thanks! freaked

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 12567

Posted 12/14/2006 9:18 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are you in Speedy or Simple entry? Check your manual to see how to get into the Tuplet Definition Box. There, you can set the tuplet for anything you like. I find it's easiest to define the tuplet before I enter anything beyond the first note. This avoids the problem you're having.

Mike Rosen

WebLackey for the Seattle SeaChordsmen

PrintMusic 2006 on the PC
Nightingale on the Ol' Macintosh

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

visualmusic.4
Registered Member

Click to send visualmusic.4 email.Click to visit visualmusic.4's website.Send a Private Message to visualmusic.4AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 12/14/2006 11:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank-you! Thank-you!

--
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 31, 2014 8:34 AM (GMT -5)
There are a total of 389,019 posts in 57,650 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 28 new threads and 225 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 32067 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Roseyboot.
44 Guest(s), 3 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
SF, michelp, Bill Reed