Finale SmartMusic
  HomeLog InRegisterSearch the ForumHelp

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh > Not able to delete measures  Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Luca Turchet
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Luca TurchetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 49

Posted 12/29/2009 2:15 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi guys,
I am not able to delete some masures form my score.

What I have to do? The option "Delete measure stack" is not enabled.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Luca

[I use Finale 2010 on mac OsX 10.5.8]

migman
Registered Member

Click to send migman email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to migmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 2432

Posted 12/29/2009 2:28 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Do you have a hidden staff?

Finale 2008b • MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz • OS10.4.11 • 4GB Ram

Luca Turchet
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Luca TurchetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 12/29/2009 2:39 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,
thanks for answering.

I do not know what is a hidden staff.
It is a normal staff and I am not able to delete it.

help!

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 4753

Posted 12/29/2009 2:46 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Luca,

Do you have the whole stack selected, top to bottom?

Bill

Finale 2009c (have 2010 but not using it)
Staff Paper and #2 Pencil
OS 10.6.2

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 12462

Posted 12/29/2009 2:48 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Luca,
You can't delete a single measure from a stack. You have to delete the entire stack that it's in. If you only have a single measure of a stack selected, that's why Delete Measure Stack is greyed out.

You can clear the notes from a single measure, though.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
NEW SITE www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Print Music 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010; Finale 2010b
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

Favorite reference: Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, Gerou & Lusk, 1996

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Luca Turchet
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 12/29/2009 2:50 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I also tried to insert a measure stack of 4 measures but still the delete measure stack does not appear...

is it so difficult to remove a blank measure?

To be honest in that measure I had a change of tempo.

Any suggestion?

Luca Turchet
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 12/29/2009 3:15 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In the attachment you find the file, could you please tell me if are you able to delete a measure please?

Best

Luca

File Attachment :
finale_error.mus   96KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 67 time(s).

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 12/29/2009 3:21 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes, I can delete a measure STACK. Note what Mike wrote about deleting stacks versus clearing individual measures.

Bill

OS 10.6.2

Luca Turchet
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 12/29/2009 3:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How can you delete a measure from the score?

I do not mean clean the measure, but deleting completely the
measure form the score....

Enlight me plkease ;-)

Luca

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 12/29/2009 3:31 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Selection Tool > double-click to select stack > delete.

Bill

OS 10.6.2

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 12462

Posted 12/29/2009 3:32 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Luca,
If we know more clearly what your situation is, we may be able to help. But I will speculate: You have, in one line, a measure inserted twice, so the rest of your piece is out of sync with that line.

Clear the measure. Now, you have to select everything in that line to the end of the problem. Click the first full measure, and SHIFT+End to extend the selection. Finally, grab the first measure, and drag it back to where it belongs.

If I'm wrong about your situation, I apologize. Give us more detail, and I'm sure we can help.

EDIT: On second thought, if that's your problem, there's an easier way. Just select everything from the first correct measure on, and drag it back over the existing measure. No need to clear it first. blush

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
NEW SITE www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Print Music 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010; Finale 2010b
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

Favorite reference: Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, Gerou & Lusk, 1996

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Post Edited (Mike Rosen) : 12/29/2009 1:37:56 PM (GMT-6)

Luca Turchet
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 12/29/2009 8:14 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ahhhhhh now I understood!

I have to select all the column of the measures! I apologize, it was a problem of translation
of the word stack in English...

Thanks Bill, I noticed now what happen doubleclicking the measure. Of course now the
delete stack opion appears.

Thanks also to Mike of course!

Cheers

Luca

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, October 01, 2014 4:16 PM (GMT -5)
There are a total of 386,814 posts in 57,400 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 21 new threads and 173 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 31943 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Russell III.
44 Guest(s), 3 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Flint, Charles Lawrence, smw@brighton