Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > MakeMusic joins Peaksware  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
128 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Writer of Music
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Writer of MusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 848

Posted 8/20/2014 10:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Okay, let me put it boldly then: give me one single thing that Finale taught you or that you learned from Finale, which made you a better composer. Not some abstract twaddle, but a very specific thing.

And for the record: no, as a composer I have learned absolutely nothing from musicians — as a notator I have learned a lot.

You know what, don't even bother. I have grown very weary of this (non)discussion. If Finale were capable of teaching a human being, MakeMusic would be the first to announce that to the world, and rightfully so. The fact that they haven't yet, is more than enough answer for me.

Finale 2014a, b and c, but switched back to 2012c. Again.
Mac OS X 10.9.4, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

… as the critic said to the composer: "It's not just you're a brownnose, your music really stinks".

saxop
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to saxopAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 261

Posted 8/20/2014 11:20 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Writer of Music said...

You know what, don't even bother. I have grown very weary of this (non)discussion.

Yes, you're right. I think it's time for this to be over.

OCTO.
The radical answers.

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OCTO.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 2659

Posted 8/20/2014 12:52 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There is just one word for that - "intuitive" software.
So it can be more or less intuitive. As simple as it is can't be.

Let us be back on the subject.

Finale 2011c, OS X 10.6.8