Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > new hardware, memory check (mine, not the machine)  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Jon Delfin
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jon DelfinAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999
Total Posts : 783

Posted 12/25/2016 4:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've download and installed Finale to a new computer. Am I correctly remembering that I am condemned to spending a couple of hours setting up my various preferences and settings, rather than copying the finale.ini or some other file directly into the directory? Thanks.

Jon
(2014.5)

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 12/25/2016 4:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When I was doing a lot of that at one time I saved copies of the data and midi device annotation folders and copied them over. Saved an enormous amount of time. If it's the same version and nothing has changed relatively, I don't see why you couldn't copy over the two ini files.

Finale 25.2

GPO5, JaBB3, GIO, COMB2, GWI, GIFF, Steinway Basic.

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/25/2016 4:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When I upgraded from XP to Windows 7 I copied the .ini files and all was fine. There are directories referenced in there, so you should make sure those exist on the new system.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, 32-bit
MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Jon Delfin
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jon DelfinAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999

Posted 12/26/2016 9:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Fingers crossed, I'll try it in the morning. Not enough brain left tonight.

Jon Delfin
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1999

Posted 12/27/2016 12:49 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Like a hot knife through butter. A beautiful thing. (Except I had to redirect all of the folder options, since the new hardware has a different "name." A very small burden.) Thanks again.