Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale viewer?!?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jzucker
Registered Member

Click to send jzucker email.Click to visit jzucker's website.Send a Private Message to jzuckerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 827

Posted 10/13/2003 6:39 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It doesn't seem to run on my machine. Instead, MUS files come up in Finale 2004 even though I installed the viewer later. How do I protect my .MUS files that I want to put on my website so folks can't download them? Do I put them in an intermediate file like you do for streaming audio?

The viewer is really annoying because it hangs frequently and additionally it uses it's own scrollbar and the internet explorer scrollbars have no effect. Any chance you guys will be fixing some of these issues?

Craig Keyes
Charts-R-Us

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 311

Posted 10/13/2003 6:52 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jzucker:

Makemusic has stated that they are dropping finale viewer in support of using NotePad as the preferred means of opening .mus files. Documents created in Finale 2004 cannot be opened in finale viewer or NotePad 2003. A new release of NotePad 2004 is expected and that will open Finale 2004 documents.

As for prohibiting downloads from your website, maybe put them in a password protected page, where you control access to who views them.

Maybe some web designers out there know otherwise, but I think if someone wants something off your site, they will find a way to get it.

Good Luck.

F2004a/TGTOOLS/XPHOME

"Surely you can't be serious." 
"Yes I am serious...and don't call me Shirley."

jzucker
Registered Member

Click to send jzucker email.Click to visit jzucker's website.Send a Private Message to jzuckerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 10/13/2003 6:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That's very disappointing.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 10/13/2003 7:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you just want to show them the end result, and not allow them to open a file, just publish them as a graphic file. Finale has that ability built in. Or you can do it as a PDF, which is less memory intensive.

Zuill

jzucker
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 10/13/2003 7:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finale doesn't export PDF files and the EPS files it exports cannot be opened by a windows system. Even photoshop 7 is unable to parse/open the file. Looks like the only option is to export as TIFF which blows because then you have to have a separate file for each page.

I have to tell you that this royally sucks. I can't believe they're pulling support for the viewer. I wonder if S******* has a viewer plug-in for internet explorer?

Post Edited (jzucker) : 10/14/2003 12:49:19 AM GMT

whrcomposer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to whrcomposerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2002
Total Posts : 45

Posted 10/14/2003 4:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
S******* do, of course, have a viewer plug-in -- it's called Scorch.

Chris Kors
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Chris KorsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 234

Posted 10/14/2003 7:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Scorch has gained wide support recently, so maybe MakeMusic is thinking to make something better....

kignature
Registered Member

Click to send kignature email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to kignatureAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 337

Posted 10/14/2003 11:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you have distiller or PDF995, just print to it.
jzucker said...
Finale doesn't export PDF files and the EPS files it exports cannot be opened by a windows system. Even photoshop 7 is unable to parse/open the file. Looks like the only option is to export as TIFF which blows because then you have to have a separate file for each page.

I have to tell you that this royally sucks. I can't believe they're pulling support for the viewer. I wonder if S******* has a viewer plug-in for internet explorer?

"If I ever lose my mind, I hope some honest person will find it and take it to the lost and found." --George Carlin