Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Practice Reports  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Ken Poshedly
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ken PoshedlyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 2/22/2005 8:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings,

My 12-year-old son (sixth grade) has decided to play oboe in his middle school band. Of all instruments, he picked the oboe because, as he put it, he liked the sound of the "quack". And this despite that I've heard that the oboe is one of, if not THE, most difficult instruments to learn and play.

And to top it off, he's got a huge case of ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).

Anyway, he is dedicated to the instrument and most recently came home beaming after being asked to play Carnival of Venice; he did beautifully and got a rousing round of applause from his classmates and praise from the teacher.

My question is about the Practice Report feature in SmartMusic Studio. I wish to have it list all of the songs he plays (right from the list included in the software). But when I set up the system (microphone and all), it records him, even though he goes from song to song, but the final practice report displays only the cumulative time and not time on this or that song.

How to go about getting a detailed report?

(Yep, it's 8:30 p.m. on a Tuesday night and he's downstairs playing Carnival of Venice again . . . and again . . . and again . . .

-- Ken Poshedly
Atlanta, Georgia

Tyler
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TylerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 3586

Posted 2/24/2005 1:04 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Ken,

I'm guessing you're talking about the method books. While the program will keep a list of the particular songs you use from the Main Play Window, it doesn't keep track of the individual method book songs from the Methods portion of the program. I agree that this would be a handy feature for using with my own students, and I encourage you to submit a feature request to customer support. Tell your son I said congratulations!

Tyler

Windows XP, all updates