Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > TGTools - issues in 25  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Nikk P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Nikk P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 77

Posted 10/10/2016 11:05 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Anyone else having issues with TGTools in Finale 25?

I'm noticing that the version of Align/Move dynamics that comes embedded in Finale works fine, but the version I paid money for does not (I have yet to check out all the other functions, this is the first one I've tried). The full version also does not remember its window locations.

+++++
Nikk P.

Finale 25
Mac OSX 10.11.6
MacBook Pro (Mid-2012, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD)

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 10/10/2016 11:14 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What version are you using? Have you upgraded to the beta version for v. 25?

Bill

Finale 2014.5 (all versions since 1.0)
Finally made the move from my trusty 2011c
Staff Paper and #1 Blackwing Pencil with eraser
OS 10.9.4 on one, 10.10.5 on another

Nikk P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Nikk P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 77

Posted 10/10/2016 12:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, I'm all upgraded to the latest version...I just re-did it just in case, but it keeps wanting to use only "average distance" and not "nearest/farthest element" and does not remember its position.

+++++
Nikk P.

Finale 25
Mac OSX 10.11.6
MacBook Pro (Mid-2012, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD)

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michel R. E.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 7430

Posted 10/10/2016 12:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm not sure anymore which version I have - full or free - but I also notice that the align/move dynamics SOMEtimes works and SOMEtimes doesn't.

There have been times it's worked on every measure I've applied to on a page.. except for a single measure where it will refuse to apply "closest", seeming to prefer "average".

I did notice that if a hairpin begins, even imperceptibly, in another measure that the plugin seems to have trouble deciding what "nearest" or "farthest" or even "average" is.

Also, when there are elements above the staff, like some technique text, it takes those into account and seems to move things erratically below the staff.

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries), putting Finale 25 through its paces.
Windows 8.1
basically ALL Garritan libraries, plus XSample Chamber Ensemble.

"Art critics suffer from Pigeon Syndrome. Pigeons like to leave their mark on monuments. But at the end of the day, the pigeon remains a pigeon, and the monument remains a monument."