Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Interface not seen  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

RichardH
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit RichardH's website.Send a Private Message to RichardHAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 113

Posted 1/22/2009 10:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had to reinstall Leopard. I then installed Mac v. 2009, from v. 2007. I then ran the install disk for my MIDI interface. I then restarted the computer. Despite all this, the interface doesn't display in Audio-MIDI setup and I can't use Speedy Entry.It all used to work in 07.I've checked cables, ports, etc. What am I not doing or not thinking about?

Richard

MacBook Pro / FinMac20009 / Mac OS 10.5.4 / KX88 keyboar / Edirol UM-1EX (interface)

Richard
FinMac '07
Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

zorg440
an alien?

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to zorg440AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 238

Posted 1/22/2009 11:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think it would be important to know what interface you are using.

zorg440
(Christopher Kuzila Jr.)

Finale 2009b
Macintosh iBook G4
OS X 10.4.11

www.christopherkuzilajr.wordpress.com

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/christopherkuzilajr

MUSIC IS WHAT UNITES THE WORLD

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 1/23/2009 3:00 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
RichardH said...
I had to reinstall Leopard.

What was happening that made you think that?

Can I confirm that the MIDI interface and keyboard doesn't show up in Apple's Audio MIDI Setup? (As opposed to Finale's.)
So this is a global problem, affecting all apps?

You installed the driver "from the install disk". Perhaps that is not the latest version, and is not compatible with Leopard. Have your checked their website for an update?

Are there any helpful, relevant messages in the Console logs? (Console is in Utilities folder).

Finale 2009b, 2Ghz iMac, OS X 10.5.6, M-Audio Audiophile USB
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Post Edited (Wiggy) : 1/23/2009 4:09:54 AM (GMT-6)

RichardH
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit RichardH's website.Send a Private Message to RichardHAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/23/2009 12:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for all inquiries!

1. The interface is Edirol UM-1EX. Made by Roland. One In/Out
2. The keyboard shows up in Audio/MIDI setup but not the interface. (But I put the keyboard there, as opposed to it being detected. Isn't that true? [Been so long...])
3. I had to reinstall Leopard because the hard drive ran out of space one day and in my frenzy to make space I accidentally trashed a couple of system files. Sleeplessness will do that... My MBP became non-booting. No amount of disk utility-software efforts (incl. buying Disk Warrior) would make it bootable. A couple of 2nd opinions supported it as the only option, so I reinstalled.
4. I checked the Roland website but my driver is latest. Remember: this WAS working under Leopard already.
5. The Console log says the install succeeded.

The only thing not done is to update to 10.5.6 (I'm at 10.5.4). I'll do that now.

Again, thanks.

Richard
FinMac '07
Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

RichardH
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/23/2009 3:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
UPDATE

The problem is resolved--thanks for the suggestions!

Using Find I manually deleted all occurrences of the driver, installer, etc. on my HD--download folder, system, etc.
Again downloaded the latest from Roland. These are things i had done before, or so I thought.
Restarted, launched the Audio/MIDI app and saw my driver at last.
Made the connections from keyboard to driver and ran the test.
Launched Finale and set the MIDI Setup.
Input and playback all is working!

Richard
FinMac '09
Mac OS 10.5.6 (Leopard)
MacBookPro