Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > These forums to close  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
30 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

John Ruggero
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John RuggeroAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2000
Total Posts : 820

Posted 12/4/2016 4:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just as Dorico is doing everything it can to foster a growing user community, MakeMusic is in the process of destroying its own. Could this mark the beginning of the end for Finale? I really hope not.

Mac mini (OS 10.8.5) with dual monitors, Finale 2014d (Finale 2011 as a backup) with GPO 4
Kurzweil Mark 5 with M-Audio Midisport 2 x 2, Adobe InDesign CS4 SmartScore X Pro, JW Plug-ins
www.cantilenapress.com

The better the composer, the better the notation.

Post Edited (John Ruggero) : 12/4/2016 4:22:31 PM (GMT-6)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/4/2016 4:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
MakeMusic has been making some good changes, so I am anticipating they are planning on a future. One thing that seems going in the right direction is rolling out updates more quickly. I just hope they realize one of the reasons that they even know about what needs fixing is because of these forums. That is scary.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.1

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

John Ruggero
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John RuggeroAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2000
Total Posts : 820

Posted 12/5/2016 5:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just visited the new Help Center to see if it could add a personal information signature to a post. When I attempted to update my profile, several of the fields were locked with an announcement that they were set automatically and containing no further help. After quite a wait on the phone, a MM tech showed me what to do and said that I could create a signature by filing in the personal information field.

When I started to entitle a new post on the new forum to test this, a list of previous posts dropped down and one of then contained a 9/16 thread with three posts also inquiring about the locked fields. There was no response from MM or anyone answering this simple question.

I called MM back and related my experience to a new tech person. He was very polite during my rant and explained that MM maintains a hands-off (and apparently blind) policy regarding their forums. I interpret it differently. MM not only has little interest in user input, it views disinterest as a positive, and will not even lift a finger to promote their own new forum by answering a simple question.

And when I created my test post, no signature appeared.

Mac mini (OS 10.8.5) with dual monitors, Finale 2014.5 (Finale 2011 and 2014d as backups) with GPO 4
Kurzweil Mark 5 with M-Audio Midisport 2 x 2, Adobe InDesign CS4, SmartScore X Pro, JW Plug-ins
www.cantilenapress.com

The better the composer, the better the notation.

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 12/5/2016 6:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is all most disturbing and frustrating. Does MM really believe that they can afford to behave this way toward a longstanding and loyal user base? It doesn't seem as though they have any idea that this community provides a lot of the support they should be providing. I realise that the release of new software may very well bring with it an extra willingness on the part of its makers to help a new and sceptical user base, but if I compare MM's present attitude to the Dorico team's patient and untiring help on their forum, I can easily imagine that Finale's days are numbered. What a tragic way for them to discover how unwise an idea their hands-off policy regarding their forums actually is.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25.1, Sibelius 4 - 7
Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

Mike Halloran
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Mike HalloranAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 105

Posted 12/5/2016 8:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
John Ruggero said...
I just visited the new Help Center to see if it could add a personal information signature to a post. When I attempted to update my profile, several of the fields were locked with an announcement that they were set automatically and containing no further help. After quite a wait on the phone, a MM tech showed me what to do and said that I could create a signature by filing in the personal information field.

When I started to entitle a new post on the new forum to test this, a list of previous posts dropped down and one of then contained a 9/16 thread with three posts also inquiring about the locked fields. There was no response from MM or anyone answering this simple question.

I called MM back and related my experience to a new tech person. He was very polite during my rant and explained that MM maintains a hands-off (and apparently blind) policy regarding their forums. I interpret it differently. MM not only has little interest in user input, it views disinterest as a positive, and will not even lift a finger to promote their own new forum by answering a simple question.

And when I created my test post, no signature appeared.

You could have been talking to a clueless individual. Tha said, the new forum is terrible.

Mike Halloran

Finale 25.1 & 2014.5, SmartScore X Pro II, Encore 5.0.7
2010 iMac 2.93G i7 Quad w/ OWC eSATA mod, 20G RAM, OS 10.12.1, 2T SSD
DP 9.1, 8.07, 7.24, Logic Pro X 10.2.4, DSP-Quattro, PSP, IK, NI, Eventide, Izotope & Antares plugins
G4 running OS 10.4.11 & 9.2 with legacy apps