Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Can't erase lyrics  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

OneNote
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OneNoteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 21

Posted 12/6/2004 10:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Using Finale 2003

I have a full score with orchestra and chorus.  To keep things easy, I copied a couple of chorus measures to an instrument part by dragging.  This copied the lyrics as well.  Generally, I can get rid of the lyrics with MassEdit (clear items, only lyrics) and they go away.  But they are not going away and I can't get rid of them!  I even tried deleting the notes of the measure, but the lyrics remain!

I am desperate (against a deadline!).  Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!
Johnnye 

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/7/2004 12:12 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Were the lyrics attached to a different, hidden layer? I'm just throwing out ideas. If you post the file, I'm sure we can figure it out.

Zuill

P.S.: That wouldn't cause the problem. However, if you copied the notes using the Mirror method, that would. If the measure with the lyrics was copied as a mirror, the lyrics can't be removed until you modify the mirror status. Go to the mirror tool and shift click on the mirrored measure. Select the option not to show the lyrics. Or go to Mass Edit>Utilities>Convert Mirrors. Once converted, it's a regular measure, and lyrics can be deleted by the Mass Edit method.

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, 2005a, Win 2000 or XP

Post Edited (Zuill) : 12/7/2004 7:16:10 AM GMT

OneNote
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OneNoteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2001

Posted 12/7/2004 11:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I copied the measure by dragging using the MassEdit tool.  But I'll try your method and see what happens.

Thanks!

Johnnye

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/7/2004 1:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The mirror is done by dragging in Mass Edit as well. Look at the Mass Edit drop down menu and see if Mirror is selected at the top portion of the list.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, 2005a, Win 2000 or XP

OneNote
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2001

Posted 12/7/2004 3:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The mirror was not selected. However, I did finally manage to get rid of them with "clear entries" in MassEdit. But here's what had happened: the lyrics were under the bassoon part, but somehow it was the oboe part that they were attached to. Don't quite know how that happened, but it is now fixed. Your suggestions actually helped solve the problem. Sure appreciate your help. I now have a perfect score for the client! *Many* thanks!

Johnnye