Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Changing the system size  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

esossai
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to esossaiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2015
Total Posts : 35

Posted 11/2/2016 7:39 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
I have successfully (or almost) scanned a score into finale however the system is too narrow to have the double voice and the lyrics so they are all crumbled together. I need some help to see how i can make the space between my TREBLE CLEF staff and my BASS CLEF on the system larger so that would be enough space there to fit my lyrics.
I appreciate your help,
have added an image to illustrate better my issue.

Thanks

Finale 2014.5 on OS X 10.10.5

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 8.36.17 PM.png
  220KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 131 time(s).

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 11/2/2016 7:53 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
staff tool, click once outside the bottom staff, in the left margin. The entire bottom staff should be highlighted. Tap your down arrow key until you have the space you need. To adjust single systems, with the staff tool, just highlight one measure in the bottom staff. Use the arrow keys to raise or lower the single system.

There are other methods which can do this, I think this is one of the quickest.

Retina Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5, 2.5GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, El Capitan on separate drive

esossai
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to esossaiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2015
Total Posts : 35

Posted 11/2/2016 9:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jetcopy said...
staff tool, click once outside the bottom staff, in the left margin. The entire bottom staff should be highlighted. Tap your down arrow key until you have the space you need. To adjust single systems, with the staff tool, just highlight one measure in the bottom staff. Use the arrow keys to raise or lower the single system.

Excellent, it was quick and effective method. Thanks a lot.

Finale 2014.5 on OS X 10.10.5

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 11/3/2016 1:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jetcopy said...

The Respace Staves menu item lets you set a value in just a couple of clicks.

Finale v.25, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk