Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Change in Forum Location  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
59 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Adam W.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Adam W.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 54

Posted 12/1/2016 10:46 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
These forums were originally created to provide a way for our passionate Finale users to share ideas, provide valuable input, and find answers from our community. A number of other great public forums for discussion about our products and best practices have become available since this platform first began. These include Facebook, SHSU, Twitter, Yahoo and various other forums and blogs. Also, as many of you know, the release of our new Help Center over the summer provides another avenue for discussion and input.

In an effort to provide a centralized, accessible, and most of all, helpful community for all of our customers, we are focusing our resources on the new forums in our Help Center Community. As of January 1st, 2017, we will only monitor and support these new forums. At that time these existing forums will be locked.

We want this large body of valuable information to remain available, so while these forums will be locked at the end of the year, they will be archived so that they can still be accessed by those looking for any of the helpful historical information located here.

We want to thank you for the value you’ve already provided to MakeMusic and its customers in these forums, and we look forward to seeing you in our new Help Center Community!

Best,

Adam Wig
Director, Customer Success

Michael Johnson
Vice President, Professional Notation

Fred Flowerday,
Senior Vice President, Product Strategy

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/1/2016 11:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My comments posted on the Windows side.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

David Ward
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit David Ward's website.Send a Private Message to David WardAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 2834

Posted 12/1/2016 12:49 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mike Rosen said...
My comments posted on the Windows side.
Mike, I've just registered for your www.finaleforum.com/ as you suggested on the Windows side. I haven't found the new Make Music forum congenial, although I did try it a few times when first announced.

David Ward
www.composers-uk.com/davidward

Finale 2014d & 2014.5 with Mac 10.9.5 & 10.11.6
Finale 2010b with Mac 10.6.8
full TGTools

Since 2001 have used F 2001, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2014

“We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.” JFK

Writer of Music
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Writer of MusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 848

Posted 12/1/2016 1:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Really, MakeMusic? Your way of 'connecting' with the customer is to create an even wider gap? How was this community right here not centralised, accessible, and most of all, helpful?

Adam W said...
In an effort to provide a centralized, accessible, and most of all, helpful community for all of our customers

Meanwhile quite curious to learn how MakeMusic is going to provide a community for their customers.

Finale 25.
Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Post Edited (Writer of Music) : 12/1/2016 7:04:48 PM (GMT-6)

Shnootre
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ShnootreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2000
Total Posts : 952

Posted 12/2/2016 9:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just another vote against this choice. I've been on this forum 16 years, and without further explanation, I don't see a good reason to close it. There is a community here, and it consists of some of Finale's longest-time users and most faithful subscribers. Feels like a pretty clear slap to the deepest and oldest user base.

Daniel Sonenberg
Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
OSX 10.9.4
16 gig ram
GPO4 full and JABB3
A bunch of sample libraries
Finale 25
Logic X

Christopher Smith
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Christopher SmithAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 2290

Posted 12/2/2016 10:23 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is a terrible idea. Facebook is even harder to search than this present forum, and Yahoo is even more out of date than this forum software.

What possible technical problem can be solved in 140 characters? Twitter is the shallowest of the shallow.

I can't even find out what SHSU is using Google, so that's out, too. Unless it's Sam Houston State University, which I don't know what connection Finale has there.

This forum is more than a simple tech support site. It's a community, with its own subculture and impromptu leaders. It has its town cranks, village idiots, Dead Poets Society, hookers with hearts of gold, and banner-waving communists too, which adds to its charm. I understand why comments were disabled on the Finale Blog, but this is not the same. Degrading this site by dispersing the very best and most loyal Finale users will only harm Finale.

Christopher Smith

Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM
OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
Finale 2014.5 and V. 25
or
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13 inch, early 2015) 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM
OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
Finale 2014.5 and V. 25

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 12/2/2016 10:39 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm 100 % against the idea of closing this forum. The new Help Center is a huge step backwards (unorganized, no logical structure, no user profiles, etc...), and the social networks don't fit the bill at all.
If you want to improve things, just modernize this one with a better forum software (phpBB for instance).

Michel
Finale 25.1, 2014.5, 2012c (main), MacOsX 10.11.6, Mac Mini Intel i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express.

Laine
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to LaineAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2013
Total Posts : 15

Posted 12/2/2016 11:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There's no substitute for a Macintosh-specific forum for Mac Finale users if you really want to connect to customers. The range of understanding is simply too great if Mac use can't be presumed for using the sort of compendium that is typical of these kinds of communities. Do any of the alternatives feature an area for Mac users only?

John Iafrate
Registered Member

Click to send John Iafrate email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John IafrateAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2001
Total Posts : 504

Posted 12/2/2016 12:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dear Make Music,
Why take away a tool that everyone uses? New customers come here to learn from the long time users and can ask them directly about solvents to problems. They don't seek out other avenues such Facebook and Twitter. I myself am not a Facebook or twitter person. Not because I'm old but because those social interfaces don't interest me as much as a company community forum like this one to solve problems or exchange ideas. I do go on Facebook but not for the involvement of work. I'm a very active professional musician, and no one tries to hire you through Facebook or Twitter unless you're playing in a bar band! Professionals don't use these outlets. If they thought they were that great they would. Don't forget that we work in creativity and we constantly look for the "New that works". Old habits die all the time and new ones pop up. I really think you need to rethink this one.

John
Finale 2012c Finale 25.1
Mac Pro 3.2 - 16GB(Ram) OSX 10.8.5, 10.9, 10.11.6

Knut
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to KnutAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 601

Posted 12/2/2016 12:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is indeed a bad idea.

One would think that a new forum would at least be as good as this ancient one, but MakeMusic has managed to avoid that, it seems.

Judging from the lack of activity, my guess is that MM is hoping to move the entire user base from here to there. That doesn't seem very likely, however, and personally, I'm betting more on a user driven, unofficial forum as the only viable future option.

13" MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz. Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM, Apogee Duet 2, Samsung SyncMaster 245b
OSX 10.9.5, Finale 2011c and 2014b (not using it yet) w/GPO & JABB, Patterson Plug-Ins, TG-Tools and QuickKeys 4; Sibelius 6, Logic Pro X, Adobe CS3, FontLab Studio 4, FontExplorer X Pro 3

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/2/2016 2:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The trouble with an unofficial forum is that those who need it the most are unlikely to find it.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

BvdPress
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BvdPressAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 1006

Posted 12/2/2016 2:05 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Adam W. said...
These forums were originally created to provide a way for our passionate Finale users to share ideas, provide valuable input, and find answers from our community.

So why not just leave it as is?

To use a musical term, the tone deafness of this company never ceases to amaze me.

Bryan Doughty
BVD Press, Music Express, BrassWorks4, Timber Ridge Music,
Kiwi Press, Serendipity Press and Cimarron Music Press
bvdpress@gmail.com
http://www.cimarronmusic.com/

Juraj Bartos
Registered Member

Click to send Juraj Bartos email.Click to visit Juraj Bartos's website.Send a Private Message to Juraj BartosAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 492

Posted 12/2/2016 4:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I really do not understand those who made this decision.
This forum helped me in last 17 years in many cases more than MakeMusic Support.
I will not upgrade to any further version of Finale if this forum would be stopped, I am pretty sure.

Juraj Bartos, www.serenaders.sk

Finale 2001-2012c, Finale 2014.5, Finale 25
Tobias Giesen TGTools, Patterson Plugins, Jari Williamsson Plugins
Pro Tools 11.3.1, Waves Platinum, Sibelius 7,

MacBook Pro 15" 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.10.5 (retina with SSD HD)
Korg Micro Key 61/49/25, M-Audio Keystation Mini 32

Finale 2014d, StaffPad
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Win 10

Adam W.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Adam W.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 54

Posted 12/2/2016 4:32 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi All,

I wanted to jump back in and thank you for the feedback and to clarify the purpose of migrating to the new community platform.

Centralizing our existing knowledge base and community makes the breadth of answers in both mediums available in one location for all of our customers. The extensive knowledge and experience that the members of this forum have are critical in driving the content here and it's our hope that you'll find meaningful relationships and participation in the new community as well. The fact is that splitting up conversations amongst two different platforms ultimately makes it more difficult to find relevant information for all of our customers - We want to solve that problem.

The new community isn't necessarily intended to match this existing forum with complete parity. With that said, we want the new platform to have robust functionality and to be an easily-used resource for you. There's been some consistent feedback that the design of the new platform is a bit clunky and difficult to navigate and use. To begin, can you help me better understand some specific design elements you'd change to improve the overall flow (Wider margins, a Mac-specific section etc.)?

I welcome a productive, ongoing conversation from all of you to help us make the new community the best it can be. We'll do our best to make it a functional service, keeping in mind that there will be certain technical limitations.

Thank you!

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 883

Posted 12/2/2016 4:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Really Adam, really? You don't see the glaring issues with your new forum?

It has been impressed upon you the need fixes for this to become an acceptable means of help for the user base (and for Make Music's standing in the community). This is being ignored and quite frankly akin to a slap in the face to the long time very knowledgeable users that have helped make Make Music's status what it is today.
Just look at the new forum, read through the replys and number thereof and tell us honestly that this is acceptable?
If you believe so.....well there it is.....and this member will seek out to help and be helped on other boards.

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, Version 25.1; TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current for each Finale Instalation)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, 8.5.0, Write Score Sound Sets, TMT Publisher Bundle Plugins, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.6
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a, 2014a
Progression, Progression 2, Progression 3, Notion 4, Notion 5 (Notion 5 not really any better than 4, [Notion 6 (bought but not installed)]
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, GPO5, World Instruments
SmartScore X Pro, SmartScore X2 Pro, PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 & 8.04 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available, 8 has some issues that need fixing)
M-Audio "Oxygen 25" Midi input keyboard (recent addition 2014)
Systems (5) // Windows XP Pro (32bit), 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/2/2016 4:55 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Unbelievable. That's all I can say.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.1

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 12/2/2016 5:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Adam W. said...
There's been some consistent feedback that the design of the new platform is a bit clunky and difficult to navigate and use. To begin, can you help me better understand some specific design elements you'd change to improve the overall flow (Wider margins, a Mac-specific section etc.)?

Adam,

As a point of departure, just list the things you can do here (in this "antique" forum) and that you cannot do in the new forum. I'm not referring to "wider margins" !
The new forum will only attract us if it offers as much or better functionality.
A few examples :
• a user profile is a must (Version of Finale, OS)
• a signature with those data, immediately visible
• sub sections (Mac, PC, and why not : basic questions, graphical/visual, audio, plug-ins)
• more attachement formats (Finale files, mp3, mp4...)
• an answered thread should come back to the TOP of the list, not disappear down the list
• read/unread postings
• a way to easily spot our own contributions
• possibility to delete a post completely, not only erasing its content
• search on a poster's name (his posts)
• number of members
• who is on-line ?
• polls
• + see other members remarks

I'm still trying to be positive, but on your side, please open your eyes. If the idea to centralize things means losing the contributions made by your professional users, MakeMusic will be the final loser.
Ask yourself the question why the new forum is so quiet...

Michel
Finale 25.1, 2014.5, 2012c (main), MacOsX 10.11.6, Mac Mini Intel i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express.

Post Edited (michelp) : 12/5/2016 5:50:10 AM (GMT-6)

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/2/2016 7:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
More corporate bumpf, from someone who understands nothing.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

BvdPress
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BvdPressAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 1006

Posted 12/2/2016 8:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Adam W. said...

Centralizing our existing knowledge base and community makes the breadth of answers in both mediums available in one location for all of our customers. The extensive knowledge and experience that the members of this forum have are critical in driving the content here and it's our hope that you'll find meaningful relationships and participation in the new community as well.

I would weigh the feedback from the base and see if it is worth moving.

I predict this move simply drives the base away and into various forums thus diluting what we have here now.

FWIW, I didn't even know there was a new Help Center. I checked it out, but quickly got discouraged. Change is not always a good thing. It is simply not user friendly at all. Or maybe I am just so used to this forum that it would be an adjustment. I am not really interested in learning something new when this forum is so easy to use as well as super helpful.

As I pointed out on Facebook this week in one of the Finale forums there, MakeMusic tends to ignore their user base like the plague. Here we are again...

Bryan Doughty
BVD Press, Music Express, BrassWorks4, Timber Ridge Music,
Kiwi Press, Serendipity Press and Cimarron Music Press
bvdpress@gmail.com
http://www.cimarronmusic.com/

John Iafrate
Registered Member

Click to send John Iafrate email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John IafrateAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2001
Total Posts : 504

Posted 12/3/2016 12:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Adam,
I just got home from a gig and read the posts that came after the one I posted, and I'm wondering what is it going to take for you and whom ever else to realize that we ARE telling you what we want and need. It is THIS forum Adam. This is where the newbies are going to come to be informed, instructed and nurtured by the more experienced pros just like I was 15 years ago.
I have at least 40 years of experience as a very successful guitarist with a wonderful resume', but the names of the people I have work with and for would not be on my resume' unless I gave them what THEY wanted. I can't explain "customer satisfaction" any clearer than that.

John
Finale 2012c Finale 25.1
Mac Pro 3.2 - 16GB(Ram) OSX 10.8.5, 10.9, 10.11.6

OCTO.
The radical answers.

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OCTO.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 2659

Posted 12/3/2016 1:33 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Adam, what is centralised?
Than close all other platforms and leave us here in peace.
At least upgrade this forum to a more robust one.

The complete majority (100%) of experienced Finale users and posters on this forum say NO to your terrible idea. You still think it is OK?

Finale 2014.5 • OS X: Yosemite, MPB 15', 16GB RAM

Juraj Bartos
Registered Member

Click to send Juraj Bartos email.Click to visit Juraj Bartos's website.Send a Private Message to Juraj BartosAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 12/3/2016 6:39 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This decision is against all those loyal users and contributors. This forum is one of main reasons why I always say that Finale is the best notation software.

MacBook Pro 15" 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.10.5 (retina with SSD HD)

Finale 2014d, StaffPad

Writer of Music
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Writer of MusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 848

Posted 12/3/2016 6:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And at the end of the day MakeMusic will go ahead with the move, we will all migrate to the new forum and by the end the week all of us will have forgotten what the fuzz was about. And when push comes to shove we all want/need a place to gather and share knowledge on the software that we (have to) use, so we will go find it in the bowels of a dead cow if necessary. Corporations know that and couldn't care less what customers wish or want. Customers are but dogxxxx on the shareholder's shoe after all.

Now let's all shut up and pay our annual upgrade fees for unsolved bugs and unwanted 'new features'.

Finale 25.
Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Juraj Bartos
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 12/3/2016 7:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Writer of Music said...
And when push comes to shove we all want/need a place to gather and share knowledge on the software that we (have to) use, so we will go find it in the bowels of a dead cow if necessary.

Yes. Might be. I google the problem and try to find the solution, if this is what MM wants (beside their profit).

Writer of Music said...
Now let's all shut up and pay our annual upgrade fees for unsolved bugs and unwanted 'new features'.

No. If I find out that there is no consistent place where I can see Zuill, Mike Rosen and all those other contributors who helped a lot to MM and all the forum members, I will keep my hardware and software untouched without any upgrade at all.

Finale 2014d, StaffPad

Post Edited (Juraj Bartos) : 12/3/2016 8:22:56 AM (GMT-6)

Philip.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Philip.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 1466

Posted 12/3/2016 2:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is a terrific forum because of the accumulated knowledge and the community. The level of detail one can provide is so worthwhile compared to most other help outlets. Finale's quirks, problems, features and tricks go back many years, and so does this forum. I've learned so much from it over the years in a way I can't imagine doing so elsewhere, and hopefully I've contributed a thing or two along the way.

One problem (among others) with locking the forum is that if someone searches for help and finds a relevant thread here, that person won't be able to comment here, and people who have subscribed to the thread who might want to learn more or have relevant info won't be notified, and the discussion will end. That's a real loss of community knowledge.

It's true, the UI of this forum is outdated, and Facebook, Twitter, newer forums etc. are more useful for some people. MakeMusic doesn't have unlimited time to monitor them all, that's understood.

But why not at least allow this forum to live on as a community forum, and state that it is no longer being officially monitored?

Finale 2011c, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.1
Sibelius 7.5.1, 8.4.2
Logic Pro X
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
OS X 10.12.1
32 GB RAM
www.nycmusicservices.com/