Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > pop-ups  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Anthony Hart
Registered Member

Click to send Anthony Hart email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Anthony HartAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2013
Total Posts : 41

Posted 11/7/2013 1:21 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I keep experiencing pop-ups when using the Finale site, especially when using the help sections. The main one is the 'related search' on the LHS. It only appears on the Finale site and it takes all my time to clear them.

Has anyone else had this problem?

See latest publications on www.edizionear.com

MS Windows Vista 32-bit
Intel Core2 Duo CPU, E4400@2GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA Ge Force 8600GT

Finale 2012

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/7/2013 10:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Not that I've heard. Have you run any anti-malware software? Malwarebytes gets good reviews,

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014 on Mac 10.9
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

James Lund
SmartMusic Technical Product Manager

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to James LundAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 128

Posted 11/7/2013 10:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Anthony,

We don't have pop-ups or pop-unders on our websites. In addition to Mike's excellent advice, I would check to make sure you don't have any toolbars installed (most of them are add-on junk from installing other software). They tend to hijack browsers and do unexpected things, mostly involving advertisements, but often bad things. Lots of good security and privacy tools available for free that should help out, but I'd make sure to check a review site or two before installing one just in case it's actually adware!

James Lund

James Lund
SmartMusic Technical Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Need to contact Customer Support? Click here to create a support case.