Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > F 2014b bugs  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

JerryC
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JerryCClick to Add jercomp to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 42

Posted 6/25/2014 12:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I share the frustration of all others who are finding more and more bugs in 2014b. Here I will be adding my list of what I find, as I find them:

Edit System Margins dialogue box: Clicking “Select All” does nothing. Nothing changes, nothing is selected.
    Score System Divider plug-in: Selecting the “Current” radio button still crashes the program. Selecting “Selected” or “All” does not.
    Multi-step Finalescripts get hung up, and need to be “jump started” by manually doing the first step, then it will go.

More to come, unfortunately. Please share yours.

MacBook Pro Retina
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OS 10.9.1 Mavericks
Finale 2014b.v4722 (Finale user since version 2.6.3 in 1993)
Pro Tools LE 10.3.2.47
Garritan Personal Orchestra
JABB
Vienna Sound Library
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-320
SyncMaster 245BW

Dave Lang
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dave LangAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 364

Posted 6/25/2014 5:32 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind the management types at MM that I'm not upgrading 'til I hear that this or the next version is working better. Sure my couple hundred bucks probably only covers coffee and muffins for a few days but I don't think I'm the only one.

MacBook Pro 15", Finale 2012c

JerryC
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JerryCClick to Add jercomp to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005

Posted 6/25/2014 5:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Not necessarily a Finale thing, but the full version of TG Tools (not the lite version that loads with Finale) “Align-Move” plug-in does not work. This is the full version for Finale 2014 as purchased directly from TG.

MacBook Pro Retina
OS 10.9.1 Mavericks
Pro Tools LE 10.3.2.47
JABB
Vienna Sound Library
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-320
SyncMaster 245BW

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/25/2014 6:39 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
JerryC said...
I share the frustration of all others who are finding more and more bugs in 2014b. Here I will be adding my list of what I find, as I find them:

Edit System Margins dialogue box: Clicking “Select All” does nothing. Nothing changes, nothing is selected.
    Score System Divider plug-in: Selecting the “Current” radio button still crashes the program. Selecting “Selected” or “All” does not.
    Multi-step Finalescripts get hung up, and need to be “jump started” by manually doing the first step, then it will go.

More to come, unfortunately. Please share yours.

With Windows, when I select all, if nothing is already selected, the first box enters a 1 and the second box enters nothing. This, in essence, is selecting all. This behavior even occurs if a system is already selected at the time of opening the db.

If this is not what you are getting, then this is a Mac only bug. Is this behavior new to 2014b, or was it the same in 2014a?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014a now.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

JerryC
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2005

Posted 6/25/2014 6:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New to 2014b. Fine before that.

MacBook Pro Retina
OS 10.9.1 Mavericks
Pro Tools LE 10.3.2.47
JABB
Vienna Sound Library
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-320
SyncMaster 245BW

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 6/25/2014 7:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, I seldom use multi-step Finale scripts so I can't chime in on that one, but I don't get crashes inserting system dividers, regardless of what's selected. The Edit System Margins window is indeed a bit buggy but I don't have problems with it because of my work method. If you enter the Page Layout tool, the Change System fields are blank. For me, clicking Select All does just that and the Change System fields show the correct numbers (i.e. 1 thru 0). Interestingly, if I already have a system selected and I then click on Select All, the systems show selected but the Change System fields change to 1 thru the selected system. This is also only what gets edited. So this latter situation is the only one in which the Select All command doesn't work properly. Another reason I guess I never problems with the Edit System Margins window have a reason to edit all systems at once since my first system generally gets indented.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 2014b, Sibelius 4 - 7
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Dolet 6 plugin
MacOS 10.9.3
MacPro 6GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8GB

Amsterdam

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Michael Mortilla's website.Send a Private Message to Michael MortillaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 2378

Posted 6/25/2014 10:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dave Lang said...
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind the management types at MM that I'm not upgrading 'til I hear that this or the next version is working better. Sure my couple hundred bucks probably only covers coffee and muffins for a few days but I don't think I'm the only one.

Seconded. No more updates until this thing gets fixed... including the ability to play most if not all movies.

Os X 10.9 Mac Pro 8 core; 20GB RAM.

Finale 2014; Digital Performer 8 [64 bit];

MIDI Life Crisis