Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Grid Hotkey Interface For Finale :: Current Version v0.19  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
53 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 212

Posted 2/13/2015 9:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok, added some icons to many buttons on the first menu of GHIFF making it v0.18. I think this helps. If only I were smart enough to allow people to move them around easily in the GUI... >.<

Grid Hotkey Interface for Finale - free, open source, and mostly... a work in progress.
forum.makemusic.com/?f=11&m=443005

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 883

Posted 2/13/2015 9:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jsphweid said...
New version v0.17 available. Full list of improvements up in OP and in the dropbox folder.

Wow that was a fast update from v0.17 to v0.18.......about twenty five minutes. I just wish Finale and Sibelius was so quick in updates or bug fixes.

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, Write Score Sound Sets, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.4
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a, 2014a
Progression, Progression 2, Notion 4, [Notion 5, (bought but not installed)]
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Smart Score Pro X , PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available)
M-Audio "Oxygen 25" Midi input keyboard (recent addition 2014)
Systems (4) // Windows XP Pro, 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011

Posted 2/13/2015 9:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm just trying to make it to v1.00 someday. Any way that I can cheat to get ahead... I'll do it.

Grid Hotkey Interface for Finale - free, open source, and mostly... a work in progress.

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012

Posted 2/14/2015 4:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jsphweid said...
I'm just trying to make it to v1.00 someday. Any way that I can cheat to get ahead... I'll do it.

I can't find the Print to PDF in the Interface?

This version 17 is very stable except for Menu 3 Finishing Touches which keeps crashing Finale (2014d).

I tried 18, but did not like the look of the icons. Good Idea, but maybe correctly sized icons for the interface is needed.

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, Write Score Sound Sets, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.4
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Smart Score Pro X , PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available)
Systems (4) // Windows XP Pro, 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Print to PDF.jpg
  463KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 377 time(s).

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 2/14/2015 5:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ralph L. Bowers Jr. said...
jsphweid said...

I can't find the Print to PDF in the Interface?

This version 17 is very stable except for Menu 3 Finishing Touches which keeps crashing Finale (2014d).

I tried 18, but did not like the look of the icons. Good Idea, but maybe correctly sized icons for the interface is needed.

Yeah those buttons are kind of obnoxious currently. It may be a week or two before I get to that.

Currently the print feature has macros that go through 11x17 and 8.5 x 11 on menu 3 and 4 like in your picture. There should be simply one print button that determines the size of the page and then prints to pdf. It will activate page layout -> resize page to copy the values in those boxes and use it to print to pdf (that's the quickest way I know how to get that info, maybe it is easier?). That'll make it so there's only one button and flexibility. I will whip that up soon.

As far as the crashing goes, I'm not quite sure what to say. Does it do any part of the macro? I have windows 7 2012c and it works fine.

All it does is check ties, accidentals, durations. Once you close durations, it goes on to JW Cautionary Accidentals (it looks for a folder called JWTools or if you have JW Cautionary accidentals right under Plug-ins, it will work. It should've notified you that if it got that far. Then it simply inserts score system dividers.

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 2/14/2015 6:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I removed 17 from my system and re downloaded it from your Dropbox account and it is running fine now.

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 2/14/2015 8:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why the switch from ZIP to RAR.  Fortunately WinZip (and the truly freeware 7-Zip) can now handle RAR without having to install yet another archive utility (WinRAR).

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU with 6 dual core processors @ 3.50 GHz (12 threads)

Realtek High Definition on board audio
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU with 4GB ram

512 GB SSD

Four 4TB and one 1TB internal SATA HD's
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center x64 Edition, (06.03.9600.00)
Finale versions: 2011b.r2, 2012c.r13, 2014d.v5030

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 2/15/2015 9:49 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles Lawrence said...
Why the switch from ZIP to RAR. Fortunately WinZip (and the truly freeware 7-Zip) can now handle RAR without having to install yet another archive utility (WinRAR).

accident

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 2/15/2015 10:05 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The print thing is going to be harder than I thought because primopdf or cutepdf or any real printer handles custom sizes differently. When you go to print -> setup on primopdf, for example, the items in the drop down paper size are different than cutepdf. Also, neither has defaults setup for 9.5x12.5 or 12x18 or something. I'm not sure how to handle that or even get those set up in primo or cutepdf. I'll have to look into it a bit more. Any advice is welcomed.

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 2/15/2015 10:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
v0.19 (released 2015-02-15)
-fixed sizes of picture buttons

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 2/16/2015 9:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Any reason not to supply the compiled script this time, or just another "accident"?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU with 6 dual core processors @ 3.50 GHz (12 threads)

512 GB SSD

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center x64 Edition, (06.03.9600.00)

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 2/16/2015 9:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Another accidental. REAL PROFESSIONAL. I KNOW>

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 3/9/2015 10:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Joseph is there a way for you to incorporate your Booklet Macro into your GHIFF?

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 3/9/2015 11:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Joseph is there a way for you to incorporate your Booklet Macro into your GHIFF?

Yeah, the logic would be easy to write I think. But then it is 22MB to have GHIFF...! Unless more logic could keep things separate. I'm not exactly sure how it would happen. I'll think about it.

Windows 7 Finale 2012c

Another macro to make booklets effortlessly...
forum.makemusic.com/?f=5&m=448667

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 3/9/2015 12:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Do not include the dependencies in the download ZIP.  Supply web page links so the interested user can download and install them separately.  Just make sure your AHK script points to the default install location for the dependencies.  That's what I would do / have done.

512 GB SSD

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 3/10/2015 2:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles Lawrence said...
Do not include the dependencies in the download ZIP. Supply web page links so the interested user can download and install them separately. Just make sure your AHK script points to the default install location for the dependencies. That's what I would do / have done.

Sounds a little intricate but I think I may be able to do something to that effect when I have time.

Windows 7 Finale 2012c

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 4/13/2015 3:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
2015-04-13 - Nothing has really changed in the script as of late but I did move the entire project over to GitHub. Join/fork/etc. it there if you are interested in using / developing it further!

I'm looking into other options for designing a better GUI. AHK isn't the best / easiest at designing good GUI's but it does macros well for Windows. I'll see what I can come up with in the future.

Windows 7 Finale 2012c

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 4/17/2015 11:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Guthub said...
Cross-Platform - Because AHK is only for Windows and most serious Finale people use MAC...

Uh, not!

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 4/17/2015 12:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
Guthub said...
Cross-Platform - Because AHK is only for Windows and most serious Finale people use MAC...

Uh, not!

Most but not all Motet. There are some serious Finale-Windows users, most notably you and others that post here often. The majority of people I encounter outside of here, however, in academic and professional environments use mac exclusively.

Windows 7 Finale 2012c

Finale Hotkey Grid - free, open source, and mostly... a work in progress.
/github.com/jsphweid/Finale-Hotkey-Grid

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 4/17/2015 12:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Joseph. said...
Motet said...
Guthub said...

Uh, not!

Most but not all Motet. There are some serious Finale-Windows users, most notably you and others that post here often. The majority of people I encounter outside of here, however, in academic and professional environments use mac exclusively.

?????? Might some of that be a "snoob factor"?

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 4/17/2015 12:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Joseph. said...
Motet said...
Guthub said...

Uh, not!

?????? Might some of that be a "snoob factor"?

No. Applications just run better on a mac. Additionally, a few major publishing houses / copyist firms only use mac and because there are a few small things which don't work well when passing around files from PC to mac, it forces composers / arrangers / orchestrators to just hop the ship to mac.

Windows 7 Finale 2012c

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 4/17/2015 1:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Joseph. said...
Applications just run better on a mac.

Not Finale. One only has to read these forums. The Mac version has many problems the Windows version does not, including performance. I wonder if the Mac version can even handle a large piece like an opera. Reports from the front are not encouraging. Don't get me wrong--I like the Mac. But there seems to be an amateurish facet to its OS upgrades, etc., and I wonder if a serious Finale user like a publisher puts up with that.

As to number of users, the topic and posting ratios between the Windows and Mac forums here are about 2 to 1 in favor of Windows. While that doesn't say anything about "serious" users, in absence of any other evidence, I'd say you are simply guessing. It's true that the Mac is more popular among the non-technical, which I guess describes the majority of musicians. But better not to make these sweeping statements absent of facts.

Windows 7, MIDI input

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 4/17/2015 1:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
Joseph. said...
Applications just run better on a mac.

Not Finale. One only has to read these forums. The Mac version has many problems the Windows version does not, including performance. I wonder if the Mac version can even handle a large piece like an opera. Reports from the front are not encouraging. Don't get me wrong--I like the Mac. But there seems to be an amateurish facet to its OS upgrades, etc., and I wonder if a serious Finale user like a publisher puts up with that.

As to number of users, the topic and posting ratios between the Windows and Mac forums here are about 2 to 1 in favor of Windows. While that doesn't say anything about "serious" users, in absence of any other evidence, I'd say you are simply guessing. It's true that the Mac is more popular among the non-technical, which I guess describes the majority of musicians. But better not to make these sweeping statements absent of facts.

Should I be sorry I never kept a notebook with a running tally of mac/windows Finale users so that I could confidently estimate this?

I'm making intuitive estimations based on what I've seen. I'll be the first to admit I'm just a Windows-loving obsessed Finale hobbyist but I remain confident about intuitive estimations in both the academic and professional world of Finale use.

Windows 7 Finale 2012c

Motet
Isorhythmic

Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 4/17/2015 2:21 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Whether you should be sorry is not for me to say. But making generalizations from anecdotal evidence is dangerous.

Windows 7, MIDI input

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 4/17/2015 2:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
Whether you should be sorry is not for me to say. But making generalizations from anecdotal evidence is dangerous.

Look. If you want to bait or troll me more on MY thread, you can do so. I don't care. Because I won't see any of them any more.

Windows 7 Finale 2012c