Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Plugin-in for changing expressions?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Thomas W
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Thomas WAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 13

Posted 2/25/2013 5:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is there any plugin that I might be missing which can do the following:

I'd like to replace any instance of the expression (in this case: Rehearsal mark) that has the number 1454 in the Expression Selection dialog with expression number 69. I hoped that JW Change might offer something like this, but no luck there.

Thanks for your help!
Thomas W.

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 2/25/2013 5:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Utilities/Change/Expressions. The UI is perhaps a bit awkward, but that feature should be able to do what you ask.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finale Productivity Tips site

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 2/25/2013 6:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you'll no longer use 1454, then you can delete it; Finale will prompt you and let you replace it with something else everywhere it's used.

(That is, you can replace all occurences at once.)

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows XP

Thomas W
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Thomas WAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 13

Posted 2/25/2013 6:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Two superb answers, thank you for guiding me here!

Thomas