Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > AppleScript  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Bart Visser
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bart VisserAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999
Total Posts : 90

Posted 4/30/2002 7:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I would like Finale to be Scriptable.
I'm not a programmer, but I can think of a
lot of things that would be much easier
with and quicker and could be done with
AppleScript within Finale.
I've asked Coda if they would make
Finale Scriptable but never hear a word of
them. So I wonder: Am I the only one?

jeffreycomas
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit jeffreycomas's website.Send a Private Message to jeffreycomasAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 13

Posted 5/4/2002 11:31 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm not sure, but I think if you can write AppleScript well enough, then you don't need to do anything to finale. I could be wrong.

I does seem like a good thing.

Coda has never responded to any of my suggestions(I've been using since v2.5, around 1991), however some of the suggestions do show up in later versions.

Jeff

Bart Visser
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bart VisserAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999
Total Posts : 90

Posted 5/5/2002 1:19 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I use PreFab to script Finale. I don't see
another way to use AppleScript with it (I've
tried to send AppleEvents, but that doesn't
seem to work -or I send the wrong
events).

It's Coda's policy to have the same
features in both the Windows and the Mac
version. Maybe that's the reason why they
won't make Finale scriptable (although
there are features in the Windows version
that are not in the Mac-version). They
could consider to put in VBA in Finale
(Office uses VBA). This is a platform
independent language (I think).
Or... they could make a scriptable plug-in.

Bart

BruceM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BruceMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 22

Posted 5/6/2002 9:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
QuicKeys is also a good option to automate things in Finale. I would recommend it for many of those formatting tasks that take a lot of repeated steps.

minstrel
Registered Member

Click to send minstrel email.Click to visit minstrel's website.Send a Private Message to minstrelAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 190

Posted 5/10/2002 1:33 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm using QuicKeys 5.0 with Finale and I have a question. I'm trying to use a menu shortcut to switch bookmarks. The problem is that the title of the bookmark may change. I can't figure out how to setup a shortcut to a submenu by position, only by title. The only way it seems you can set up a shortcut to a menu by position, is if the menu is a top level menu, e.g. "View".