Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > A3 Printing  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Bruce Davidson
Registered Member

Click to send Bruce Davidson email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bruce DavidsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 1999
Total Posts : 53

Posted 6/2/2013 3:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dear all,

I am having some trouble with printing to A3.

Large score, so initial set up, via wizard, for score is A3 and parts to A4. When i go to print the score it is not positioned correctly on the paper. I have bars missing from the right hand side of the page and most of the string section missing from the bottom. I tried the same process and set the score for A4 and parts to A4 and it prints correctly, but of course you need a magnifying glass to read any of it. I am attaching both the A4 and A3 version for you to see if it is a "user" error or something else. Nothing is formatted just the staves on the page at this point.

Any suggestions from the clever people on the forum welcome.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce Davidson
BMus, ATCL, MAGA (Copyist)
Finale 2012br1
OS 10.8.3
27'' iMac
8 GB Memory
Intel Core i5 quad core 2.66 GHz

File Attachment :
Help A4.mus   51KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 365 time(s).

File Attachment :
Help A3.mus   51KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 337 time(s).

David Ward
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit David Ward's website.Send a Private Message to David WardAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 2834

Posted 6/2/2013 4:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can print from an A4 page set-up to A3 via a Preview created PDF. It'll depend on the printer dialogue, but you should be able to select A3 as the paper size and then either Scale to Fit or scale to another % that is slightly but not much larger than the percentage that shows with Scale to Fit (which may overdo the margins).

I don't print my own A3 and B4 at present, but I e-mail them as PDFs set-up for A4, and all they need to do the other end is to select A3 or B4 as the paper size in the print dialogue and then adjust the percentage appropriately. The percentage appears to be based on the increase in the size of the long edge, rather than of the area, so is NOT 200% when converting A4 to A3.

It rather sounds as though you are getting an increase to 200%, whereas I think the increase should be to around 170% (I don't have the exact figure to hand, but one can work it out).

PS, I have F2010, so can't open your files.

David Ward
www.composers-uk.com/davidward

Finale 2010b
Mac 10.6.8
full TGTools

Post Edited (David Ward) : 6/2/2013 5:29:47 AM (GMT-5)

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 6/2/2013 6:14 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you want the score to print in A3, you have to select A3 in File menu -> Printer Page Setup. It was A4.
By the way, your page size and margins may have to be redefined in the Page Layout menu, so that the values in Page Format -> Score are correct for the pages that will be created after page 3.
Keep in mind that all the new pages will adopt the parameters of Page Format -> Score.

Michel
Finale 2012c, 2011c, 2010b, 2009b, MacOsX 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion), Mac Mini Intel Core i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express

Post Edited (michelp) : 6/2/2013 6:27:37 AM (GMT-5)