Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Opening 2 files simultanously  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

k_ben
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to k_benAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 20

Posted 10/22/2016 3:08 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,
I simply try to open 2 Finale files simultanously, side by side or one above another in order to easily copy music from the scratch into the full score.
Unfortunately I and can't find a way, apart of having only one instance of Finale opened and toggling again and again from the window menu between the 2 files.
Isn't there a way to tile the program horizontally that copying will be easier?
Greets,
Ben

P.S. I use Windows 7 and Finale's last version (25.000).

k_ben
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to k_benAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2005

Posted 10/22/2016 3:09 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry, this is a repost.

Djard
Registered Member

Click to send Djard email.Click to visit Djard's website.Send a Private Message to DjardAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 518

Posted 10/22/2016 3:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When you open the second document, it sits on top of the first. Restore down the second one (middle button in upper right corner of the Finale window). Now you can drag the document about by the header. Hover mouse over the edges of the selected document to obtain a double-ended arrow cursor. Now you can drag the edges, making the document any size you wish. Click on the header of the first document, and do the same. I hope this helps.

Djard
Finale 2012

David Toft
DT

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David ToftAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2002
Total Posts : 15

Posted 10/22/2016 4:09 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No need to do that. Under the Window Menu you have two options to tile the windows vertically or horizontally.

David

Windows 10 64-bit; Finale 2014.5

k_ben
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005

Posted 10/22/2016 10:39 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks a lot, so simple...

Djard
Registered Member

Click to send Djard email.Click to visit Djard's website.Send a Private Message to DjardAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 518

Posted 10/22/2016 5:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yikes! I've been doing it the hard way.

If editing staff systems in separate documents, I would still drag the margins; so that just the two staffs appear and are close together, aligned one above the other, which facilitates observance of differences in the notation.

Thanks David.

Djard
Finale 2012