Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Must have this...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

weeksc
Registered Member

Click to send weeksc email.Click to visit weeksc's website.Send a Private Message to weekscAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 349

Posted 11/15/2016 8:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
StaffPad just got way more awesome.

--Clancy

Finale 2014.5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, i5 256
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition

I never claimed to know everything... I'm just right about the things I know!

Post Edited (weeksc) : 11/17/2016 9:30:31 AM (GMT-6)

weeksc
Registered Member

Click to send weeksc email.Click to visit weeksc's website.Send a Private Message to weekscAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 11/17/2016 10:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wondering why there were no comments on this thread when I discovered the link was wrong. Here's the correct link. Some really cool stuff, and Finale could implement some of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR7HAKmAdhs

--Clancy

Finale 2014.5

Ronwass
bassist/composer/arranger/conductor/bandleader

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to RonwassAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 1492

Posted 11/17/2016 3:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I watched a bit, but then realized that it is going to make me want to buy one of those giant tablets, and I don't even want to know how much they are going to cost.

Ron Wasserman
F2014d v5545 user since F2000
Desktop: Macmini i5 (Late 2012) 16g ram OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 Casio Keyboard midi out to edirol to usb
Laptop:Macbook Air 2015 4 gigs ram.
TG Tools full version on desktop. Keep forgetting to install it on the laptop

". . . I love music, and anything that interrupts music, I hate."
Astor Piazzolla, Central Park Concert

weeksc
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 11/17/2016 4:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Same here. Awesome technology...

--Clancy

Finale 2014.5

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michel R. E.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 7430

Posted 11/17/2016 5:22 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ronwass said...
I watched a bit, but then realized that it is going to make me want to buy one of those giant tablets, and I don't even want to know how much they are going to cost.

Starting at around $4000 if memory serves me right. That's the bare basic model.
The bigger model is a couple of thousand more.

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries), putting Finale 25 through its paces.
Windows 8.1
basically ALL Garritan libraries, plus XSample Chamber Ensemble.

"Art critics suffer from Pigeon Syndrome. Pigeons like to leave their mark on monuments. But at the end of the day, the pigeon remains a pigeon, and the monument remains a monument."

weeksc
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 11/17/2016 6:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michel R. E. said...
Ronwass said...

Starting at around $4000 if memory serves me right. That's the bare basic model.
The bigger model is a couple of thousand more.

Nope. $2900 for basic, $3400 for midrange, and $4100 for top of the line. Keep in mind the basic as 8GB of Ram. The mid has 16GB, and the top has 32GB.

--Clancy

Finale 2014.5

Bill Sveglini
Registered Member

Click to send Bill Sveglini email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill SvegliniAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2002
Total Posts : 775

Posted 11/18/2016 12:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What is it?

Bill Sveglini - Desktop PC- Finale 2012b - TG Tools Pro- Garritan Personal Orchestra - PC with multiple Quad core Boards - 32 gigs of Ram - 24 in. Monitor - 2 x 1TB Drives - Creative XFi sound - Windows 7 Home Premium
Laptop HP Quad core with 16 gigs of ram, Windows 7 Home Premium
FCOF=Finale Challenged Old Fart

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 11/18/2016 2:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I still say it's faster to press one button on my computer keyboard than attempt to draw a note.

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

weeksc
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 11/18/2016 9:14 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Depends on use case, Wiggy. When I'm out and an idea strikes, it's actually much quicker for me to fire up StaffPad (loads faster) and sketch out what I want, in whatever detail I want. Especially if I don't have access to a table or desk where I can set up and use a mouse. On the bus, in a plane, or waiting in my car for my kid to get out of school, StaffPad gives me the ability to compose anywhere and then dump everything into Finale later.

Use of the Surface Studio and their hockey puck is cool, but at that point offers little over Finale in the form of productivity, but if *Finale* could perform the same tricks... Well, that's a whole new ballgame.

--Clancy

Finale 2014.5