Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Endings  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Gundvald
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GundvaldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/17/2002 5:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

cliffdzihner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cliffdzihnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 486

Posted 6/17/2002 6:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The most critical part, I think.

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1434

Posted 6/17/2002 8:05 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I prefer them happy, though this not always possible.

guser
Registered Member

Click to send guser email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to guserAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 661

Posted 6/17/2002 9:39 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I generally position mine after the Middle, but that's just my personal preference.

migman
Registered Member

Click to send migman email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to migmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 2432

Posted 6/17/2002 11:08 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My favorite movie review of all time (I can't
remember the movie or the reviewer, if
that says anything) went something like
this:

"The problem with this movie was the
ending… it was too close to the
beginning."

migman
Registered Member

Click to send migman email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to migmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 2432

Posted 6/17/2002 11:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That would have been a lot funnier if I
hadn't screwed up the joke. It should have
read:

"The problem with this movie was the
ending… it was too far from the
beginning."

I guess my stand-up career was over
before I could even stand up.

cliffdzihner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cliffdzihnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 6/17/2002 11:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My favorite movie review was from my wife at the end of 2001 the other night:

"That made me tired and I don't get it".

I thought it was a happy ending myself!

kignature
Registered Member

Click to send kignature email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to kignatureAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 337

Posted 6/17/2002 11:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 6/17/2002 11:07:00 AM, Cliff D. Zihner wrote:
>The most critical part, I
>think.

Nah, being a part of the "forgotten 1/3" (y'all in the education field know what I'm talking about) I find the middle a far more critical part...

K.I.

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001

Posted 6/19/2002 7:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Keith:

Back in '96, I finally decided to leave public teaching for good. I was sick and tired of administrators whose salary was about $1500 per I.Q. point calling the shots. Once I made this decision, I stopped censoring myself.

At a faculty meeting, the teachers were discussing the pros and cons of heterogeneous grouping. (Mainly the cons, natch.) After listening to the teachers' gripes for a while, the assistant principal, a power-suit-wearing, buzz-word-dropping, quote-all-the-latest-education-experts sort, said, "Well, at the administrator's meeting last night, Asst. Superintendent So-and-so said, 'At high tide, all the ships in the harbor rise.'"

I raised my hand and said, "But their anchor chains aren't all the same length!"

This got me a "See me, ASAP" memo from the principal, which in turn led to another in a long line of meetings which began with my saying, "I can explain..."

cliffdzihner
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 6/19/2002 10:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
At least you were being polite by raising your hand!

kignature
Registered Member

Click to send kignature email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to kignatureAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 337

Posted 6/20/2002 9:21 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 6/19/2002 12:40:00 PM, Gary Tomassetti wrote:
>Keith:
>
>Back in '96, I finally decided
>to leave public teaching for
>good.

I left in 1998. Now I test software and engrave music with Finale.

>I was sick and tired of
>administrators whose salary
>was about $1500 per I.Q. point
>calling the shots.

Only 1500/IQ point? So they must've been part of my district... ;-)

Once I made
>this decision, I stopped
>censoring myself.

I did the same thing.

>
>At a faculty meeting, the
>teachers were discussing the
>pros and cons of heterogeneous
>grouping.

We were moving that way as well. My colleagues and I didn't care for it one bit.

>(Mainly the cons,
>natch.) After listening to the
>teachers' gripes for a while,
>the assistant principal, a
>power-suit-wearing,
>buzz-word-dropping,
>quote-all-the-latest-education
>-experts sort, said, "Well, at
>the administrator's meeting
>last night, Asst.
>Superintendent So-and-so said,
>'At high tide, all the ships
>in the harbor rise.'"
>
>I raised my hand and said,
>"But their anchor chains
>aren't all the same length!"

LOL! We had one of those too. The superintendent never left his office except for board meetings where he got to grandstand on local television. So this guy thought he was in charge. I to this day can't believe that the state gave him his teaching certificate.

>This got me a "See me, ASAP"
>memo from the principal, which
>in turn led to another in a
>long line of meetings which
>began with my saying, "I can
>explain..."

I thought my other colleague in the choral music department and I were the only ones that got those...

;-)

-K

GT
It was some other guy.

Date Joined Feb 2001

Posted 6/20/2002 11:38 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Keith:

Boy, it sounds like you and I are twins separated at birth.

;-)

Seriously, isn't amazing how anyone who spent time in the trenches of education can share these stories of the nonsense that we all had to put up with?

It's an amazing double standard; people get mad because teachers don't teach any more—except to teach things like self-esteem and revisionist history—but when teachers do try to teach and hold their students accountable, they get the angry phone calls from parents who aren't satisfied with their childrens' grades.

I miss the actual teaching (middle school chorus for 12 years) and I really did enjoy the students for the most part, but I sure don't miss the BS...

Cheers.

Gary