Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Recorder music?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Dave BTW
Bytheway Dave, what's your last name?

Click to send Dave BTW email.Click to visit Dave BTW's website.Send a Private Message to Dave BTWAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 421

Posted 1/3/2006 6:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am a long-time Finale user (Since Ver 2.2). Recently my daughter has been learning the soprano recorder. Is there any support for this instrument in Smart Music? I know I can make my own files with Finale, but am looking for a quick start.

Thanks

Dave Bytheway - Desktop Finale 2006 on Win2K / WinXP - Laptop Finale 2006 on WinXP - Forza Lite - TGTools - Nuendo 3

Tyler
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TylerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 3586

Posted 1/4/2006 12:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Support for recorder is fairly limited, but there are some things. Here's what you have:

1. Exercises - the skill builders, including scales, twisters, intervals, arpeggios - these aren't really songs, although having an accompaniment makes them more enjoyable than playing these sorts of things usually is. Beginning to Advanced

2. Rhythm Exercises. Beginning to Advanced

3. Play-by-Ear Exercises - these are a good challenge for any level. It plays a measure or two and then you play what you heard.

4. Six Sample songs - These are not geared for the beginner. Mostly intermediate level.

I actually play recorder with the sample songs for Piccolo, usually some Handel sonatas and pieces from musicals. These range from intermediate to advanced.

Windows XP, all updates

Real Time Finale Discussion - FinaleIRC.Com

dubaifox
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dubaifoxAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 33

Posted 1/22/2006 3:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I experimented with this as well, and found that the violin beginner books work very well, that is the songs that only use the D string and higher. There are several.

The problem with beginners is that you end up often playing in the Key of E, D, or G and this is a little bit of a pain for beginning recorder players.

I wish there were support for quitar as well!