Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > script to exit score manager  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mm
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mmAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 715

Posted 4/8/2014 11:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The only way to close down the score manager window is to click on the upper right hand corner x (or Alt-F4, or right-click menu -close). Just about any other pop-up window (menu items, plug-ins) can be exited via the Escape key. I've tried all kinds of ways in TGTools Options to program the Esc key to exit the score manager, but to no avail.
Could somebody come up with a simple script that would accomplish this - exit score manager by hitting Escape?

Finale 3.7 - 2012c, not upgrading to 2014, GPO4, Cubase, ProTools, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4'' display, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), M-Audio Keystation 49 + Mini 32, Korg NANOkey

Graeme Gilmore
Registered Member

Click to send Graeme Gilmore email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Graeme GilmoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 371

Posted 4/8/2014 6:44 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This worked for me in Finale 2012.

Create a script with the following comment and line of code in it.

//Acts as a toggle to open or close the Score Manager
press ctrl "k"

The line of code acts as a toggle switch showing and closing the score manager.

In Finale 2014 the keyboard shortcut directly shows or closes the score manager. In Finale 2012, this keyboard shortcut used directly only opens the score manager. However, when I ran the keyboard shortcut as a Finale script, I found (to my surprise) that it both opened and closed the Score Manager.

An alternate that I could not get to work programmatically would be to click on Score Manager (so it has the focus), then press alt+spacebar. This is a Windows shortcut that brings up options for the open window. The last option is Close. Even using a keyboard shortcut to run the script, I could not get it to work with the Score Manager window, but could with the main Finale 2012 window.

I hope the code works for you.

Graeme

Finale 2014.0.3163, Windows 7 64-bit Home Primium, GPO, TGTools, Patterson Plug-Ins, JW Plug-Ins

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 4/8/2014 7:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Since you can open/close the ScoreManager via the Window menu, you could also try

menu item "ScoreManager"

Peter

Mac Finale, 2011c, 2012c & 2014a, Dolet 6.4 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.9.2, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

mm
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mmAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 715

Posted 4/9/2014 12:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Peter said...
open/close the ScoreManager via menu item "ScoreManager"
I had tried that before (assigned to a shortcut key) - it opens it, but when re-applied doesn't close it for some reason
Graeme said...
I hope the code works for you.
It does, assigned it to a convenient combination (Alt-X), which then both opens and closes it.

Thanks to all!

Finale 3.7 - 2012c, not upgrading to 2014, GPO4, Cubase, ProTools, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4'' display, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), M-Audio Keystation 49 + Mini 32, Korg NANOkey