Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Dual Screen Finale Bug  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

NickG
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to NickGAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2008
Total Posts : 362

Posted 1/30/2010 5:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I use duel screens when working with Finale. I notice that for example, when I highlight a measure on the main screen, I can right-click and get my options but when I right-click a measure on the secondary screen...no options are listed. This is very aggravating since I have to move the page to to the main screen to get my options. I know I can use the menu, but I would think that right-clicking on ether screen should work.

NickG
Vista 64bit Ultra Quad Core PC - 8 gig ram
Finale 2010
Cubase 5
Halion Symphonic Orchestra 16bit
Garritan Symphonic Orchestra 4
Edirol - SD-90
Korg M1
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 1/30/2010 7:01 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There might be something strange going on with dual monitors. I just read a note on the SHSU list from a MacFin2010 user that couldn't get selections to work reliably on dual monitors. Make sure to send in a bug report.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finaletips Productivity Tips site

mendoza
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit mendoza's website.Send a Private Message to mendozaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 105

Posted 1/30/2010 8:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had the same problem.

My solution:
1) define left screen as the primary screen
2) define right screen as expand windows desktop onto this monitor

On my system left screen has #2 and right screen has #1.

Finale 2009b german / Win XP Home / Pentium 4 1.8 GHz / 2 GB RAM / RME Fireface
English is NOT my mother-language

Tim Rowland
...Rowland...Rowland, though the streams are...

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Tim Rowland's website.Send a Private Message to Tim RowlandAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 1250

Posted 1/30/2010 6:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I reported this problem years ago and nothing has been done. I guess not enough people use multiple monitor setups.

I've got 4 screens in a 2x2 setup - the left 2 screens are off one video card, and the right 2 off another card. The bottom of each card is the primary display (DV) and DOES display right-click options, but the top screen doesn't.

A workaround (though still annoying) - you CAN'T right-click on a handle, but you CAN click and then press the right-click button on the keyboard and the context-sensitive menu then pops up. It's quicker than having to move to the other screen.

Hope this helps you,

Tim

Doug Blackmore
www.aviatorsmusic.com

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Doug Blackmore's website.Send a Private Message to Doug BlackmoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 2724

Posted 1/31/2010 3:02 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Tim Rowland said...

...and then press the right-click button on the keyboard... 

Where exactly is the right-click button on the keyboard? Mine is only on the mouse, so I think.

Doug Blackmore
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Finale 2006r3, Win 2K Pro

Fritz Meissner
Choir Addict

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Fritz MeissnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 3238

Posted 1/31/2010 4:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On my keyboard it sits on the right hand side bottom row, between the ctrl and Windows keys. It's also worth learning the shortcuts associated with the Windows keys : I use Win-e (Windows explorer), Win-r (run dialog) and Win-D (show desktop) a lot. There's a good list of them at Windows Key Shortcuts.

Fritz

PrintMusic 2004, 2006 and 2007, Windows XP Pro, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, P4 2.6 GHz + 1 GB
2nd Tenor Cape Town Male Voice Choir
Use the Finale Knowledgebase first ! :-)

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 1/31/2010 5:48 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Shift+F10 also work to bring up the context menu. The context menu keys are supported since Fin2007.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finaletips Productivity Tips site

Doug Blackmore
www.aviatorsmusic.com

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Doug Blackmore's website.Send a Private Message to Doug BlackmoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 1/31/2010 10:21 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Fritz Meissner said...
On my keyboard it sits on the right hand side bottom row, between the ctrl and Windows keys.
Ahhh! I have that key. I have never used it. Thanks.

Doug Blackmore
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Timekeeper
Time Lord

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TimekeeperAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 585

Posted 2/2/2010 1:45 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't find that key on my keyboard. Is it a special key not available on US keyboards?

Matthew
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Symphony of Albuquerque VIOLIST
Windows XP Pro, PM 2009, NP 2006 768 MB RAM
Favorite Forum Post: "This is What You Get For Asking A Robot To Compose For You."

Doug Blackmore
www.aviatorsmusic.com

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 2/2/2010 2:19 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There is nothing special about the keyboard I purchased. It's on my laptop too. The button has a picture of a 4-item pull-down menu with the 2nd item selected. The key is in the bottom row, to the right of the space-bar.

Doug Blackmore
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Fritz Meissner
Choir Addict

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Fritz MeissnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 3238

Posted 2/2/2010 6:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Timekeeper said...
I can't find that key on my keyboard. Is it a special key not available on US keyboards?

No it's very much available on US keyboards - these are the so-called "Windows" keyboards which have a key with the Windows logo on the left hand side between the ctrl and alt keys. I think that these days most keyboards are like this.

Fritz

PrintMusic 2004, 2006 and 2007, Windows XP Pro, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, P4 2.6 GHz + 1 GB
2nd Tenor Cape Town Male Voice Choir
Use the Finale Knowledgebase first ! :-)

mendoza
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit mendoza's website.Send a Private Message to mendozaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 105

Posted 2/2/2010 7:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mendoza said...
My solution:
1) define left screen as the primary screen
2) define right screen as expand windows desktop onto this monitor
On my system left screen has #2 and right screen has #1.

Has anyone tried this?

Finale 2009b german / Win XP Home / Pentium 4 1.8 GHz / 2 GB RAM / RME Fireface
English is NOT my mother-language