Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Proper Icon for the latest updated Finale 25  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

John Dale
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John DaleAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2015
Total Posts : 93

Posted 11/10/2016 11:18 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a mac with the latest sierra upgrade. Please advise me as to HOW to identify the latest finale 25 Icon. I have several versions on my computer and am not able to discern which is which.

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 11/10/2016 11:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
For 25 the f has the horizontal mark in the middle of the f all the way through, not just coming off the right.

If that's not clear, I can post an image.

Bill

Finale 2014.5 (all versions since 1.0)
Finally made the move from my trusty 2011c
Staff Paper and #1 Blackwing Pencil with eraser
OS 10.9.4 on one, 10.10.5 on another

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 11/11/2016 2:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There are plenty of ways of launching the correct version, without relying on the icon:

1. Use "open With..." on a right-click on your documents, to select the version you want.
2. Use Spotlight to select the version you want.
3. The Dock will display a MouseOver text of the app's name.
4. Launch the app from a listing of the Applications window.

I was going to suggest LaunchPad, but Finale 25 is mysteriously absent from mine.

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

John Dale
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John DaleAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2015

Posted 11/11/2016 9:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Got it! Thanks so much.

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 11/11/2016 9:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
For anyone else following this, Wiggy mentioned that if you mouse over the icons in the dock the app's name will pop up, but note that for 25 it's just called "Finale" whereas previous versions show the version number.

Bill

Finale 2014.5 (all versions since 1.0)
Finally made the move from my trusty 2011c
Staff Paper and #1 Blackwing Pencil with eraser
OS 10.9.4 on one, 10.10.5 on another

John Dale
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2015

Posted 11/11/2016 10:01 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cool! Thanks, Bill.

Juraj Bartos
Registered Member

Click to send Juraj Bartos email.Click to visit Juraj Bartos's website.Send a Private Message to Juraj BartosAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 492

Posted 11/11/2016 11:11 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I also have the same problem - can't get the Finale 25 into Launchpad. Any advice?

Juraj Bartos, www.serenaders.sk

Finale 2001-2012c, Finale 2014.5, Finale 25
Tobias Giesen TGTools, Patterson Plugins, Jari Williamsson Plugins
Pro Tools 11.3.1, Waves Platinum, Sibelius 7,

MacBook Pro 15" 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.10.5 (retina with SSD HD)
Korg Micro Key 61/49/25, M-Audio Keystation Mini 32

Finale 2014d, StaffPad
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Win 10

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 11/11/2016 4:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I suspect that because all versions of Finale use the same app "id code", Launchpad will only display one of them: 2014.5 has the highest version number, so that's the one that gets shown.

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/11/2016 4:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't get it into Lauchpad, either, but you can drag it directly to the dock.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
dock.png
  36KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 296 time(s).

Juraj Bartos
Registered Member

Click to send Juraj Bartos email.Click to visit Juraj Bartos's website.Send a Private Message to Juraj BartosAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 492

Posted 11/12/2016 6:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes. I have Finale 25 in Dock, but I would prefer to have it in Launchpad, because I automatically hit Alt+Ctrl+Cmd+L when I want to open any application, then I realize that in case of Finale 25 I should click on icon in the Dock.
No big deal, just a little confussion every time when opening the only application missing in Launchpad - Finale 25.

Juraj Bartos, www.serenaders.sk

Finale 2001-2012c, Finale 2014.5, Finale 25
Tobias Giesen TGTools, Patterson Plugins, Jari Williamsson Plugins
Pro Tools 11.3.1, Waves Platinum, Sibelius 7,

MacBook Pro 15" 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.10.5 (retina with SSD HD)
Korg Micro Key 61/49/25, M-Audio Keystation Mini 32

Finale 2014d, StaffPad
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Win 10

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 11/12/2016 12:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My system is still having trouble preferring 25.1 to 2014.5. I've tried setting all Finale files to open in 25.1 and it still starts up 2014.5 and loads the file, which I notice immediately because the palettes are all screwed up. I've gone through this procedure several times to no avail. It seems as though the 'open all files of this type with this application' only works for that particular file. I'm having to start up Finale 25.1 first and then open files. Never had this before.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25, Sibelius 4 - 7
Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

thomasmith
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit thomasmith's website.Send a Private Message to thomasmithAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 96

Posted 11/12/2016 4:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Me too, Vaughan.
All of what Dr. Wiggy says is good, and I'll try to incorporate one of those ideas.
But it's still puzzling.
And speaking of puzzling, I was trying to tile pages to print out a draft of an orchestral score in F25. Did all the things that the manual said, but could not get it to work. Looked for the latest HP drivers. Pretty sure I'm up to date. Anybody else experience this?
OOps. probably should have started another thread.

Thomas Smith
Guitarist, Composer/Arranger, Engraver
Finale 25.1, 2014.5, (and every previous version since 2.0)
2009 Millay Colony for the Arts Composer Resident
OS 10.11.6
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 4 Gb RAM;
15" MacBook Pro, 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 4 Gb RAM
iPad running iOS 7
M-Audio Fast Track Pro Audio Interface, M-Audio Keystation 49e
www.thomasmithmusic.com
www.rhinesmithduo.com
www.milmontparkmusic.com