Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Printing to pdf, cannot print multiple parts  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

kerbstomp41
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to kerbstomp41AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2014
Total Posts : 40

Posted 8/28/2016 11:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I use Finale 2012c on a Windows computer. I exclusively print my parts to pdf, and I've never had a problem until now. I select all the parts on the print menu. In the past, Finale would print every part in succession, pausing only to ask for the name of each file. Now, it will print one part to completion, ask for the name of the second part, then the Adobe printing window (image attached), which usually completes in about 6 seconds, persists for upwards of 20 minutes, and sometimes will not complete at all, forcing me to close the window. Thus, I can only print one part at a time. Writing music for a 16-part big band, I need a more efficient part creation process.

When the Adobe printing window crashes, the following error appears:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: setcolorspa ]%%

Stack:
/DeviceGray
/DeviceGray

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: Postscript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I'm posting this in the Finale forum because my Adobe Acrobat X Pro does not cause any other problems with other programs. I reinstalled Acrobat, and it did not fix the problem. I've tried printing with multiple Finale files, so it appears the issue is with my Finale overall, rather than with a specific file.

So I guess my overall question is; is there an option within Finale's settings where I can change the Adobe print to pdf settings?

Post Edited (kerbstomp41) : 8/28/2016 11:37:11 PM (GMT-5)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
great balls of fire.png
  7KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 287 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 8/29/2016 12:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Possibly related to this: http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=482734&g=483227#m483227

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

kerbstomp41
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to kerbstomp41AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2014
Total Posts : 40

Posted 8/29/2016 2:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yup, that's it. Thank you!

Dan Kreider
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dan KreiderAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2013
Total Posts : 88

Posted 9/3/2016 9:22 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had the same problem, and uninstalling the Windows security update fixed it!

Side note: it reset a bunch of default app settings. Mildly annoying.

Finale 2014d on Windows 10
Editor at Grace Music