Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2010 on Lion  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Jerry Engelbach
Registered Member

Click to send Jerry Engelbach email.Click to visit Jerry Engelbach's website.Send a Private Message to Jerry EngelbachAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 109

Posted 11/29/2015 11:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finale claims that Lion OS 10.7.5 is compatible with Finale 2010.

However, when I try to install it I get an error message that the program cannot run setflags under this system.

Is anyone running Finale 2010 on Lion?

Cheers,
Jer

Jerry Engelbach
jerry@engelbachmusic.com
http://www.engelbachmusic.com
--------------------------------------------
MacBook, 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5, 160 GB Hard Drive
Finale 2010, MIDISport 2x2, Edirol Audio Interface, OMS

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 11/29/2015 12:48 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is it possible to click past the error message and get the program to install? If so, I'd try that.

I assume that at some point in the past you had a working installation of F2010 on Lion. I'd contact Tech Support. They don't support 2010 any more and probably won't want to help you, but if you point out that their published specs indicate that F2010 is compatible with Lion, maybe you'll get some action.

N.

OSX 10.8.5
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work
Finale 2014.5

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

"Whenever you come to a fork in the road, take it!"
–Yogi Berra