Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Batch Print directly to PDF files  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

escheer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to escheerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/1/2008 10:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. Has anyone figured out how to print all the files
in a folder directly to a set of PDF files? I'm using the latest version of Mac
OSX and Finale 2009.
Thank you,
Eddie Scheer

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 12/1/2008 3:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You should be able to do it by Applescript. Automator has a "Print Finder Items" action, but you'll need to change it, in order to print to PDF.

Finale 2009b, 2Ghz iMac, OS X 10.5.5, M-Audio Audiophile USB
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Post Edited (Wiggy) : 12/1/2008 5:01:22 PM (GMT-6)

chsinclair
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to chsinclairAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 13

Posted 12/5/2008 12:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you have Adobe Acrobat, you have a "virtual" PDF printer on your computer.
Set the PDF printer on your computer to the default printer.

Paste the Finale script below:
Finale will prompt you to choose which folder you want to batch process

batch process folder
print
save
close

the script will make a PDF of the all the documents in the folder you specified and place them on the desktop.

Dr. Wiggy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 12/6/2008 8:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Except that the Adobe PDF queue doesn't work wit Finale (and some other apps) in Leopard. However, there is "cups-pdf" and "postscriptfile", which are alternative print queues for creating PS or PDF files.

Finale 2009b, 2Ghz iMac, OS X 10.5.5, M-Audio Audiophile USB
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

A Badgley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to A BadgleyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 12/13/2008 10:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Do you know how to do the same thing with Windows Vista and Finale 2009?

Alan

David Kurkowski
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David KurkowskiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 7

Posted 1/3/2009 9:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Can Finale 2009 convert a PDF to xml and open it in Finale

TdM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TdMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2011

Posted 4/23/2011 4:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi guys try this cause it works for me:

process all open docs
File
Menu item "Print..."
Press command+"f"
wait 1 seconds
end

So long

TdM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TdMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2011

Posted 4/23/2011 4:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
oups, I forgot to mention you have to go to your keyboard preferences (in System preferences) and program a keyboard shortcut for finale:
cmd-F for
"Save as PDF..."
before all this works

I apologize

rolleyes

edodetroit
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to edodetroitAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2004
Total Posts : 15

Posted 2/5/2012 4:44 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A year and a half later… Would you mind explaining this in more detail. Is it an Applescript?, Finale script? Automator? I get very confused with programming language. I used to have a program called Quickeys - which was simple enough for me to understand.
My need is because I have many, many finale files, that I would like to turn into PDF's for use in forScore for iPad2. If anyone has any idea how I could convert a whole folder of .mus files to .pdf I'd be very grateful.
Thanks for the time.

Dr. Wiggy

Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 2/6/2012 4:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The main thing you need to automate the batch conversion of PDFs is a PDF print queue. That is, a "printer" which you can select to be the output device, that you can print all the files to.
There is a program called CUPS-PDF that does this quite well.

Having done this, you can then use the Finalescript Batch Print script to print every document in a folder to the PDF print queue.

Another way:
I have made an Automator Service, which you can run when any Finale files are selected in the Finder. It will then print them in the background. I have posted a thread about it here. Use Google to search this forum, as the forum search is not great.

The whole poit of computers is to automate tasks, and to do things for us which we find tedious. If you find yourself performing a repetitive and tedious task, there's almost certainly a better way. OS X has very powerful and easy to use methods for automating all sorts of tasks.

"This is me helping."

Finale 2012, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.7.2
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Steve D.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Steve D.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2013
Total Posts : 6

Posted 2/10/2016 8:05 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This script works for me in Finale 2014.5 for Windows:

batch process folder c:\temp\finalefiles
File
Menu item "Export"
Menu item "PDF..."
press enter
File
Menu item "Close"
press arrow right
press enter