Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Strange bug! Any fix for transposition while in speedy note entry?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Lyraviol1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Lyraviol1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 11

Posted 1/28/2004 2:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Since at least Finale 2003, when I enter music via my computer keyboard, the first note of a messure sometimes, and for no apparent reason, will transpose itself up an octave or so. This problem never appears anywhere else in the messure. Is this a known bug? If so, is there a solution? I was somewhat dismayed when this same bug appeared in the 2004 Finale version.

Peter
(a somewhat perplexed Windows user)

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 1/28/2004 11:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That bug is well known.

It seems that Finale sometimes belives that the clef is the treble clef even when it actually isn't. It usually happens with the first note you enter after having been in another tool.
If e. g. you are entering notes in the bass clef, sometimes the first note will appear an octave + a sixth too high, since that is the pitch you would get, if the clef were the treble clef.

I don't know of any bugfix, but a workaround is to undo (Command-Z) and enter the note again.

Peter