Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Basic FinaleScript (convince me...please?)  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Ward Baxter
Mercenary of Music

Click to send Ward Baxter email.Click to visit Ward Baxter's website.Send a Private Message to Ward BaxterAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999
Total Posts : 280

Posted 8/26/2004 4:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm a die-hard QuicKeys guy, but because it's 3rd party, it can't ever operate as fast (or efficient) as FinaleScript has the potential to do.  So far, I've found that the documentation flat out sucks...but I'm still intrigued. 

So, what I'd like to ask is flat out basic syntax for a simple operation.  So please, someone write a simple script that utilizes the basics...navigation, sub-menus, and selection within dialogue boxes.  How about something basic...like deleting a blank page.

Logical steps that I would do manually (or w/QuicKeys):
1.) select page layout tool
2.) select "Delete Blank Pages"
3.) From page 1 to 1
4.) OK

In theory, this should be something like:
// delete blank page 1 script
page layout tool
menu item "Delete Blank Pages"
check "From Page 1 Through 1"

But again, documentation is lacking...so who knows?  All I know is THAT doesn't work.  Any takers???

Chances are, if I could get it to work, I'd use QuicKeys side by side with FinaleScript.  FinaleScript would be fantastic within the program and I could use QuicKeys to run the sequences and interact with other features, such as the clipbook, etc...ah...what a utopia.

Ward Baxter
Finale 3.0-F2K2b, F2K3 (in box), F2K4 (next to F2K3)
TGTools, Forza, Patterson...all the goodies!
Win XP Pro

Allen J. Fisher
Engraver

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Allen J. FisherClick to Add ajfisher31 to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 653

Posted 8/26/2004 9:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ward--

Right now, FS cannot click buttons like QK can. The only dialog box settings that can be changed are document options.

I will document your request that FS access dialog boxes and click OK buttons. (It's on my list too smilewinkgrin )

Also, it is our hope for maintenance that we will be able to improve the documentation for FS. We just ran out of time. sad

Feel free to ask me what you're trying to do and I'll do what I can to help (that's why I lurk around here...)

Allen J. Fisher
Sr. Quality Assurance Technician
MakeMusic! Inc.
www.finalemusic.com

Ward Baxter
Mercenary of Music

Click to send Ward Baxter email.Click to visit Ward Baxter's website.Send a Private Message to Ward BaxterAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999
Total Posts : 280

Posted 8/26/2004 1:49 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think that the ability to insert a keystroke or text woud be invaluable to FinaleScript. It's kind of a hack, but users could get around almost every dialogue box if it were enabled. For example,
type TAB, TAB, TAB
type "1"
type TAB
type "1"
type ENTER
could get through that dialogue box. it's a bit sloppy...but it should be possible, right?

Ward Baxter
Finale 3.0-F2K2b, F2K3 (in box), F2K4 (next to F2K3)
TGTools, Forza, Patterson...all the goodies!
Win XP Pro

Post Edited (Ward Baxter) : 8/26/2004 6:52:04 PM GMT