Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Bells Used and Handchimes Used Notation  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Grwffyn
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GrwffynAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2002
Total Posts : 4

Posted 1/12/2011 9:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've just started arranging music for my handbell choir and when I use the Handbell.ftm template it starts out with the two sets of staves as they are supposed to be but when I click Finish to start entering music, they spread through all the measures as if they were notes and not a notation.

Any ideas how I can use the template or do I just have to use a generic one and put in the notation staves at the end?

Grwffyn

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 1/13/2011 12:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just took a look at the handbells template in F2011. (I know nothing about handbells.) I entered a few notes, and then ran the Plug-In>TG Tools>Create Handbells Used Chart. That created a new, reduced size chart at the beginning of the piece, showing the bells used.

So it appears that you enter the music BEFORE you create the chart. Does that make sense?

What program and what version are you using?

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster and bass for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
Bass for What's Cookin' www.whatscookinvlq.com
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Print Music 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010; Finale 2010b, 2011b
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

Favorite reference: Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, Gerou & Lusk, 1996

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Dave BTW
Bytheway Dave, what's your last name?

Click to send Dave BTW email.Click to visit Dave BTW's website.Send a Private Message to Dave BTWAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 421

Posted 1/13/2011 12:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have done several handbell arrangements and transcriptions. Mike is correct, you run the plug-in after the music is entered. I usually do the job while doing page formatting, as the plugin creates the chart and inserts it above the top system.

Entering handbell music using the Wizard is also very easy as Finale automatically selects the correct transposition (bells play an octave above where written) and selects the Garritan handbell samples (which are horrible, incidentally) for playback.

-david BTW

Dave Bytheway - Desktop Finale 2011 WinXP - TGTools - Nuendo 4.2.2 - Wavelab 6.1 - RME Fireface 800