Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Instruments transposed on playback.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Keith Z
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Keith ZAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 28

Posted 3/23/2015 1:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Everything was going fine, until on my playback, the alto 1 part was sounding down a 5th, the alto 2 part was down a tritone, and the tenor sax part was down a 4th. No other instruments effected. I checked the transposition in score manager, and it is correct. Happens when I play back in either concert pitch or transcribed. Never had this happen before! Here is the file. Anyone?

Oh, it has played back correctly until an hour ago.

Thanks!

Finale 2014, Windows 8.1 Garritan COMB 2

File Attachment :
ACDC Score 1.musx   180KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 253 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 3/23/2015 4:46 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't hear any odd tuning. They all play back as they should. Of course, I had to click Reassign Playback Sounds, as you must be using different sound sets than I have.

Which leads me to believe there may have been a unique Aria player setting that got reset when I reassigned the sounds.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014c at present. Now 2014d.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Keith Z
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Keith ZAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 28

Posted 3/24/2015 9:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Zuill. I ended up using a blank score and copying and pasting, and it is all fine. Some glitch I guess.

Thanks for all your help!

Keith