Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Copy manual adjustments from one part to another?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Paul Hatton
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Paul HattonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2010
Total Posts : 5

Posted 2/19/2015 2:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is there a way to copy manual expression adjustments on parts from one part to another?

The parts are linked to the score. In this example, I have separate Horn 1 and Horn 2 parts. Same layout, spacing, but occasional note differences.

In prepping for part printing, I manually adjust both measure and note expressions as well as rehearsal marks.

Can those manual adjustments be copied from the Horn 1 part to the Horn 2 part?

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 2/19/2015 2:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari has a Copy Part Layout plugin that might do what you need.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014c at present.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 2/19/2015 2:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You could try copy/paste with the filter limited to expressions (2 checkboxes : dynamics, rehearsal marks etc...).

Michel
Finale (2014 not used), 2012c, 2011c, 2010b, 2009b, MacOsX 10.9.5, Mac Mini Intel Core i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express, 3 monitors.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 2/19/2015 4:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I tried the plugin, and height adjustments are not copied from part to part. Oh well.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014c at present.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Paul Hatton
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Paul HattonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2010
Total Posts : 5

Posted 2/24/2015 3:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I appreciate the replies, thank you.

Maybe I'll just have to write my own plugin. :)