Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > I need a Finalescript! (Solved, kinda...)  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/16/2016 2:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Has anyone worked up a script to batch process a group of 2014.5 files and export them as 2012?

EDIT: I did it myself, sort of...

I found the existing script to export as XML, and I changed it to Export as finale 2012. It worked, but, on the first test, it asked me to identify the source file, but it didn't ask me to identify the destination folder.

The second time I ran it, it didn't even ask for the source; it just ran, using the previous folders.

Aren't the folder choices something that it should ask me?

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Post Edited (Mike Rosen) : 12/16/2016 2:17:40 PM (GMT-6)

Mike Halloran
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Mike HalloranAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 105

Posted 12/16/2016 10:22 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wgen you compile the script, it should but if it runs successfully, it won't.

In a previous life, I wrote lots of remote scripts to control UNIX processes. Although it was supposed to make sense, I can't say that it always did. Sometimes, you'd run something to identify the hangup point and it would complete. "What? That worked? Really? Ok, try it again. Still works? Cool—moving on"

Mike Halloran

Finale 25.1 & 2014.5, SmartScore X Pro II, Encore 5.0.7
2010 iMac 2.93G i7 Quad w/ OWC eSATA mod, 20G RAM, OS 10.12.1, 2T SSD
DP 9.1, 8.07, 7.24, Logic Pro X 10.2.4, DSP-Quattro, PSP, IK, NI, Eventide, Izotope & Antares plugins
G4 running OS 10.4.11 & 9.2 with legacy apps

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/16/2016 10:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In my experience if there's something you don't understand, it's likely to come back and bite you.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, 32-bit
MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart