Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Using the forum  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

DAS
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DASAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 9

Posted 9/1/2015 1:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm new at using forums-strange and scary world. My user name is not listed showing me to be a member. I assume all those who participate are, in fact, members. In addition I have frequently been unable to log on even though I've checked my user name and password very carefully.My email address is d--------@centurylink.net. Please explain.

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 9/1/2015 2:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Your screen name is on the Member List, between DarylS and Das Betty. Click the Member List button at the upper right of the forum home page.

So far as logging in, you just did to post this inquiry. Hopefully you'll be able to log in successfully from now on. If you continue to have problems, contact Make Music Tech Support and they'll forward the info to the proper person.

Now get on with it and post something thought provoking or brilliant.

N.

Finale 2011c, 2012c - OSX 10.6.8
Finale 2014d - OSX 10.8.5

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

“The old idea of a composer suddenly having a terrific idea and sitting up all night to write it is nonsense. Nighttime is for sleeping.”
–Benjamin Britten

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 9/1/2015 5:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And we would suggest that you not post your email address.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014d, on Yosemite 10.10.4
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

DAS
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DASAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 9/2/2015 5:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
N. Grossingink
Thanks for trying to help with my understanding of the Member List. Something must be wrong with my computer or more likely my ability to use the forum, since among the 50 member names that started with the letter D, my name as well as the names you mentioned were not on the list.
Also thanks to Mike Rosen for clarifying the policy regarding using email addresses.

Secondly, I didn't mean to imply that I have never been able to log on, only that my log-on attempts failed more often than they succeeded.

Once again, thans to both of you. Your efforts have encouraged to learn how to use this resource. I will contact the Forum Administrator to see if we can resolve the "membership list" thing.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 9/2/2015 5:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Is your name here: http://forum.makemusic.com/members.aspx?ml=D&p=010 ?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014c at present. Now 2014d.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

DAS
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 9/3/2015 5:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zuill, yes it was and today my wife who is a lot more computer literate than I, helped me to realize that there is more than one page with "D" as the initial letter of the screen name. Thank you and also the others who responded to my question.

DAS

Peter F
Forum Moderator

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter FAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2014
Total Posts : 8

Posted 9/10/2015 11:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
@DAS: I just want to make doubly sure: Are you all set? I checked your account and I do see you listed as a member, but you mentioned that you'd contact one of us I haven't seen any PMs from you. My expectation is if I can see you on my list and you can post, you shouldn't have any problems, but if anything comes up please feel free to reply to this thread or PM me right away.

In the meantime, I'm going to go check a dictionary to see if 'doubly' is actually a word.

Peter Flom
Music Production Engineer/Quality Assurance Technician
MakeMusic, Inc.

Need technical help? Click here to submit a support case.

DAS
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 9/10/2015 12:55 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Peter: I haven't looked it up, but I feel confident that "doubly" is a very good and useful word. Thanks for checking up on me; I have figured out what the problem was. Several tried to help me find my DAS screen name in the membership role and I have thanked each of them. It was ultimately my wife, however, who showed me that the single page of "D's" that appeared on my screen at that time was not the only page with screen names beginning with the letter D". My name was right there where it should have been all along: I just didn't know how to get to it. Thanks again for checking. My music skills far exceed my abilities to use the computer intelligently.

Duane S.

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 9/10/2015 1:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is an example of why we need a new forum. The current membership list is clogged with thousands of inactive accounts. They guy who stole my username hasn't logged in for more than 10 years.

Finale 2014d with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0.
JABB 3 and Concert & Marching Band 2.
Steinway: basic. Garritan's Instant Orchestra.
Garritan World Instruments. TGTools Pro
Windows 7 Home Edition, AMD FX-8100 8-Core Processor, 10 GB RAM
onboard Beats Audio sound card

violin and flamenco guitar, composer

Administrator, The Compose Forums
Specializing in contemporary art music

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 9/10/2015 2:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We need a new forum for other reasons, but the inactive members could be purged from the current one.

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Finale 2014d demo
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart