Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > MM are you sure?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ebiggs1
Registered Member

Click to send ebiggs1 email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ebiggs1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 722

Posted 12/28/2016 4:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are you sure you want to turn your back on a forum that has 34,400+ Finales users already on it? Maybe this one needs a little more thought. Hmmmm?

Music makes the difference!
Finale 2014.5 *-* Finale 25
Dell XPS 8500 Intel Core i7 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM, 64 bit OS Windows 10

Andreo Basisto
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Andreo BasistoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 125

Posted 12/28/2016 4:29 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well said! But is MM listening?

Andreo Basisto

Finale 3.1, 98, 2000, 2011b

Win 10 (64 bit)

ebiggs1
Registered Member

Click to send ebiggs1 email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ebiggs1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001

Posted 12/28/2016 4:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have my doubts. Once something is done it can be very difficult to regain what you had. They need to be sure.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/28/2016 4:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
They are dead set on shutting us down. Their plan was for us to move to their new format, which is dismal. Most of us are moving over to finaleforum.com. It has much more to offer and is more user friendly. MM will now have to field the questions on their new forum, as most of the more experienced users will probably not show up. There are many options lacking there and it just doesn't suit my need.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.2

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

ebiggs1
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2001

Posted 12/28/2016 5:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is everybody gong to use the same names on the other site?

petey forrest
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit petey forrest's website.Send a Private Message to petey forrestAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 670

Posted 12/28/2016 5:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wasn't there a mayor running for election in one of the "Back to the Future" movies whose campaign slogan was "Change is his middle name!" lol

I have one of the oldest accounts around here (I was even on the forum before this one for a year or two). I'll be moving to the finaleforum.com as well.

In my hometown of Sarnia, Ontario (Canada), it has always been a town with jobs based on the trades due to the petrochemical refining industry. Thus in high school, I took courses of auto mechanics, machine shop, welding, drafting, electricity, woodworking... and we had this woodworking teacher who would scream out "Shutt'er' down!!!" when he heard wood being cut making a loud noise like an accident was in the progress of happening!!! So, hit the power switch to the shop!

So, I can't help think of this forum's closing and of Mister Richie's loud yell "SHUD'DER DOWN!!!" for someone to hit the power switch to the wood working shop!

Bye bye forum! As Zuill stated, "They are dead set on shutting us down."

Petey

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 12/28/2016 6:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ebiggs1 said...

It seems most of those that have moved to the new forum have kept their screen names. A good idea, I think.

N.

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work

Finale 2014.5, not used by my clients

(Finale v25 - not interested yet)

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

"At last, fortissimo!"
–Gustav Mahler, on visiting Niagara Falls

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 883

Posted 12/28/2016 7:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
N. Grossingink said...
ebiggs1 said...

It seems most of those that have moved to the new forum have kept their screen names. A good idea, I think.

N.

I do hope that everyone here keeps their same user name and avatar if they have not lost that through the years.

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, Version 25.2; TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current for each Finale Instalation)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, 8.5.0, Write Score Sound Sets, TMT Publisher Bundle Plugins, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.6
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a, 2014a
Progression, Progression 2, Progression 3, Notion 4, Notion 5 (Notion 5 not really any better than 4, [Notion 6 (bought but not installed)]
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, GPO5, World Instruments
SmartScore X Pro, SmartScore X2 Pro, PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 & 8.04 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available, 8 has some issues that need fixing)
M-Audio "Oxygen 25" Midi input keyboard (recent addition 2014)
Systems (5) // Windows XP Pro (32bit), 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michel R. E.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 7430

Posted 12/28/2016 7:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ebiggs1 said...

Well, I tam-tam using the same forum name ;-)

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries), putting Finale 25 through its paces.
Windows 8.1
basically ALL Garritan libraries, plus XSample Chamber Ensemble.

"Art critics suffer from Pigeon Syndrome. Pigeons like to leave their mark on monuments. But at the end of the day, the pigeon remains a pigeon, and the monument remains a monument."

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 12/29/2016 8:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Some of us can't keep the same name because my preferred username keeps getting hijacked. However, no one seems to have any problem recognizing this old fart wherever he shows up.

Hey, Petey, I was born in Sarnia--loved visiting my aunt and uncle there. Fog horns at night; the smell of petroleum in the morning.

I have already taken the step of moving this forum off my favourites bar and have replaced its first place spot of honour with finaleforum.com

Finale 25.2

GPO5, JaBB3, GIO, COMB2, GWI, GIFF, Steinway Basic.

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

Post Edited (Ron.) : 12/29/2016 1:10:07 PM (GMT-6)

ebiggs1
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2001

Posted 12/29/2016 9:32 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
C U all there! :-)

Jim Williams
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Jim Williams's website.Send a Private Message to Jim WilliamsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 728

Posted 12/31/2016 7:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bye, everyone! I have enjoyed this forum tremendously from its inception and now count some members among my good internet friends. I've learned and helped here.
I'm on the FinaleForum under my previous nom de forum: Snorlax.
Happy new year and I'll see you on the REAL forum.

WinFin 2012, 2014, Core-i7 laptop, 16 gB RAM, Win 10 pro
Core 2 duo laptop, Windows 7 Enterprise
Two iPad 3s w/Zagg Folio
MACK 1150 and Yamaha 321 Euphoniums
Yamaha 621 Baritone Horn, blue pBone.

bvstudios
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to bvstudiosAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2010
Total Posts : 156

Posted 12/31/2016 11:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I made the "move" some time back and joined the other forum whilst in search of an answer to a rather tricky issue. So I shall be over there m'self and unless the miracle actually happens, taking this one off the top of my favorites list.

Searchability would've been nice, even after the lock, but.... oh well.

See you all over there! Happy New Year!

K M Frye

Finale 2014.5, PM 2011, 2010, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2000

GPO4, WORLD, JABB3

M-Audio, Boss JS8, Roland VSC-55 Sound Canvas, Rhodes 660 workstation, Roland MC-50 composer (yeh- it's old, but it works if you can find the floppies), Reaper 4.32
Windows 7

bvstudios
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to bvstudiosAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2010
Total Posts : 156

Posted 12/31/2016 11:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And a PS to the MM folks who likely won't read this- But who in their right mind would think it a good idea to alienate almost 35,000 clients with one stroke of the keyboard? Do you really have that many to spare?

What a way to run a railroad. Never did understand the bean-counter mentality that puts profit ahead of clients. Face it, without clients, there can be no profit.

Somehow, too many folks with MBAs who have never had to work in the real world fail to grasp that. And now, they are running things, not those who have a love and appreciation of the product involved. It goes 'way farther than this board; it's endemic in too many industries these days (end rant)

G'nite.

K M Frye

Finale 2014.5, PM 2011, 2010, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2000

GPO4, WORLD, JABB3

M-Audio, Boss JS8, Roland VSC-55 Sound Canvas, Rhodes 660 workstation, Roland MC-50 composer (yeh- it's old, but it works if you can find the floppies), Reaper 4.32
Windows 7

Post Edited (bvstudios) : 12/31/2016 10:21:57 PM (GMT-6)

Perotinus
"The ends of the earth have seen it all!"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PerotinusAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 199

Posted 1/1/2017 1:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bye, all... see you all on the other side (the enlightened, not the dark one).
Cheers and best wishes always, and happy new year.

Perotinus

Finale 2014.5
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit