Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Scale Grids or Diagrams  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jeffreycomas
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit jeffreycomas's website.Send a Private Message to jeffreycomasAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 13

Posted 5/3/2002 2:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Anybody know any slick ways to do scale diagrams (grids) for guitar?

I made a 1-octave "C Maj scale" in the chord editor, but it would not let me name it "C Maj scale."

Jeff

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1434

Posted 5/4/2002 4:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jeff:

This probably won't help you, but when I engraved for the National Guitar Workshop, I didn't even try to get Finale to do scale diagrams. I created them in Adobe Illustrator instead.

I'd say that any sort of graphics program would allow you to make these diagrams fairly easily. In Finale, on the other hand, it would be extremely difficult to do this.

Cheers.

Gary

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1434

Posted 5/4/2002 4:56 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
...Of course, you could just tell the Chord Editor not to display the root and/or suffix of the chord, and then use the Text Tool to put the name of the scale in there...

jeffreycomas
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit jeffreycomas's website.Send a Private Message to jeffreycomasAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 13

Posted 5/4/2002 7:20 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for the ideas.

I don't have Illustrator, but I have used Apple Works, or Pagemaker to make some diagrams & illustrations. I also use the Text Tool, often, to label items, on pages. The drawback comes if you later decide you need to move things around.

I write a lot of instructional material in Finale. It sure would be great if there was an easy (quick) way to make scale diagrams on fingerboard grids.

What say ye, Coda?