Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Subscription Required?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

RichardtheTech
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to RichardtheTechAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 7

Posted 2/5/2005 7:38 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just upgraded to Finale 2005 and received a SmartMusic CD with it. It seems to require a subscription to activate, but I don't need a subscription, since I plan to use it only with accompaniments I develop myself using Finale. Is it possible to use the program without a subscription? Or is there a minimal subscription I could use? Thanks.

Tyler
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TylerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 3586

Posted 2/5/2005 5:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't believe there is currently any type of subscription which only enables that portion of the program. I suggest you send your question and a feature request to winsupport@smartmusic.com. Perhaps they will eventually offer this type of subscription for a reduced rate.

Also, you may be able to make use of the free FPA application. It only allows the solo lines to be exported for assessment, but it may still be of use to you.

Windows XP, all updates

Howie J
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Howie JAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 4

Posted 2/6/2005 2:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Overall, the subscription price for and individual, $10.60 a month is easy. And I'm currently a student. If you plan on using Smart Music at all, or having students use it....it's worth the money. I'm preparing for a recital right now and I play with my accompanist every day. You couldn't buy 5 mins with a professional accompanist for ten bucks. My initial investment of $60 (iMic and the microphone, etc.) has paid for itself already.

Howie J