Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Rolls with piano  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

McVittie
Registered Member

Click to send McVittie email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to McVittieAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Alex McVittie to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 9

Posted 5/15/2011 7:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How do I do a "roll" with the left hand? See attached image.

This is going to bother me if I can't get it working.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
roll.JPG
  18KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 144 time(s).

David Young : chambermusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David Young : chambermusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2000
Total Posts : 2694

Posted 5/15/2011 8:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There is a "TG tools" plug in called "easy tremolos" that will give you that roll. You put the two notes that you want rolled as two half notes, select the measure, go to TG tools in the plug in menu and click on easy tremolos. Define the number of beams and click "go" and instantly it appears.

David

David Young

Historicist Composer of classical-romantic style chamber and orchestral music.
Finale 2.4 to Finale 2010.  Logic Pro 8, Digital Performer, Loaded MAC Tower, two screens, a whole bag of sample libraries including Full GPO, some VSL, True Strike 1 and 2, and now Xsample Chamber Instruments and I have a long ways to go to understand how us all of this.... but quite familiar with Finale!

Join us at www.composeforums.com for
arranging and orchestration!

diz
Registered Member

Click to send diz email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dizAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 626

Posted 5/16/2011 5:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
David, yes, I use that TG tool most of all, really handy I think.

Finale 2011b
Winows 7