Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > 2003 Stems  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

brsmith
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to brsmithAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 150

Posted 6/7/2002 5:16 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The stems on Finale 2003 seem to be quite thick. Does anyone know what the previous settings were and how to correct this option? I would like to have a default setting with thinner stems.

Also the new measure number choice is times new roman in "Italics". How do I make a correction to regular and set it as the default?

guser
Registered Member

Click to send guser email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to guserAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 661

Posted 6/7/2002 5:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Don't have 2003 (nor will I be getting it) but in 2002, you set the measure number font via Options Menu > Select Default Fonts > Text > Measure Numbers > Set Font > OK > OK.

Sorry, can't help you with the stems.

TTBashore
Registered Member

Click to send TTBashore email.Click to visit TTBashore's website.Send a Private Message to TTBashoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 148

Posted 6/7/2002 6:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry, I don't have 2003 yet, but it's under Document Settings/Lines in 2002. I understand Document Settings got overhauled in 2003 so it might have moved. The current trend in quality engraving is for all thin lines (staff, stem, ledger, bar, etc.) to be the same thickness. I hope that's what they've done in 2003. The 2002 settings for lines were way too thin in my opinion. I personally like measure numbers to be an italic serif font left-aligned with the staff in parts. I handle measure numbers a few different ways in scores depending on the situation.

Michael Cook
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michael CookAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 2526

Posted 6/7/2002 6:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Options menu > Document Options > Stems for the stem widths. For the measure numbers, choose the measure tool and then choose Measure Numbers > Edit Regions in the measure menu.

You'll need to make the changes in the default file if you want all new documents to take on these values.

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 6/7/2002 6:27 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In addition, default measure number fonts are changed on the "Fonts" page in the Document Options. But as you see there, it will not affect items already created (so you have to edit the existing measure number region as well).

If you want to affect the settings for the Wizard, you should open and resave the "Maestro Font Default.FTM" template file that is located in the "Component Files" folder. (Make sure to do a backup of the old template file first.)

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson