Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > I have a question about the plugins currently available  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Saitorian
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to SaitorianAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2003
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/16/2003 3:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, I was wondering if there is any feature within a plugin that goes through the music sheet in Finale 2004 and adds letters above each note.
For instance, the letter A above the music notation of a, and so on. This would be really convenient for me to teach my family..

Stephen Henry
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Stephen HenryAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2002
Total Posts : 238

Posted 12/16/2003 7:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I couldn't find this function in any plug-in but did find this:
http://www.dvmpublications.com/kidnotes_information.htm

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 12/17/2003 1:45 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You could use Finale's Chord Tool.

You will have to enter the chord symbols manually; they won't appear automatically as you enter the notes.

But once you have entered the chord symbols, they will display correctly, also if you later change the music to another key.

To speed up the work you could use the Chord Tool's chord metatools:

1) Use the Key Signature Tool to change the key signature to C Major (no sharps/no flats).

2) Set up 7 chord metatools for the 7 chords A, B, C, D, E, F, G. You could e. g. assign the chord metatools to the 7 letter keys A, B, C, D, E, F, G - so that when you hold down the letter A key and click a note, the note gets the chord symbol A.

3) When you have entered a chord symbol on every note, use the Key Signature Tool to change the key signature to whatever key you want. The chord symbols will be transposed accordingly.

Peter

Saitorian
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to SaitorianAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2003
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/17/2003 4:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
okay ill try the chord method thank you

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 3/9/2004 3:50 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I know this is an old thread, but, I do the same all the time using the chord tool. I just type it right into the score without the metatool. I use caps lock so they're all capitals. If I have an accidental, it's not too hard to add. The space bar moves to the next note. Very quick and easy.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004a, Win 2000 or XP