Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > (Ocarina) Tabs under standard notation/plug-in??  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

BrassOrigins
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BrassOriginsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2013
Total Posts : 16

Posted 6/14/2015 10:41 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am going to teach Ocarina classes for children 5-9 and 10+.
Teaching material is abysmal, either wrong instruments or wrong key or wrong language.
Hence I've decided to write the music I need/want myself.

Problem being that you get either pure "tab language" or standard notation. I want standard notation with the ocarina tabs under each system.
Is there a plug-in or similar available???

To give a better picture of what I mean I attach an pure tabs version and what I want, music and fingering.

Thanks for suggestions

Jule

The problem with common sense is, it's not very common.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
example1.jpg
  212KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 1194 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
example2.jpg
  97KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 656 time(s).

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 6/14/2015 11:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I could be wrong here, but As Far As I Know, there is no plug-in available for Ocarina notation.

I would not call this notation “tab” notation, but rather “fingering diagrams”.

You could create a font with all the fingering diagrams.

Or you could create the symbols in the Shape Designer.
This is not as hard to do as you might think:
In the Shape Designer, create one shape that has all the items, i. e. the full symbol with all holes covered.
To create one of the other symbols, duplicate the “full” shape, and edit the duplicate by removing items.

You can attach the fingering diagrams as expressions.

If two measures are identical, copy one measure to the other, including the expressions with the fingering diagrams.

Peter

Mac Finale, 2011c, 2012c & 2014d, Dolet 6.4 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.9.5, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

BrassOrigins
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BrassOriginsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2013

Posted 6/14/2015 1:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for the reply.
Good idea.
I'm a bit of a computer illiterate but I can only try....
Personally I would not call these things tabs, but diseases....
only, ocarina players call them tabs and are completely hooked on them.
They manage to do complete Vivaldi concertos in tabs.....*shudder*

Jule

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 6/14/2015 2:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jule,

Are you using Finale 2014? - or 2012? - or 2011? - 2010? - 2009?

Peter

Mac Finale, 2011c, 2012c & 2014d, Dolet 6.4 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.9.5, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Jolora
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JoloraAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 684

Posted 6/15/2015 2:48 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Look at this site for some inexpensive Ocarina fonts. If you used this route, you could either, as has been suggested, create expressions, or, you could make an entry into the Lyrics window and auto-assign them. Not sure this second idea would save you time in the long run, though..

Here is the site: samuel.portertech.org/?cat=9

Good luck

Joe

Finale v1 through 2012c and now, finally, 2014d.
JW Plugins
TG Tools (Full)
Garritan GPO 4
Garritan COMB 2
Garritan JABB 3
Anvil Studio 2015 midi editor
Intel i7-4771 with 32GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64-bit

BrassOrigins
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2013

Posted 6/15/2015 4:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Peter Thomsen said...
Jule,

Are you using Finale 2014? - or 2012? - or 2011? - 2010? - 2009?

Peter

At the moment it's still 2009 (incl. the horrible white noise which means I can only use Midi....*sigh*), we are about to move to Ireland.
Once we've settled in I'll upgrad to 2014. Just a matter of weeks, now.
Why? Is there a tab creating feature I'll be able to use?

Thanks

Jule

BrassOrigins
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2013

Posted 6/15/2015 4:31 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jolora said...
Look at this site for some inexpensive Ocarina fonts. If you used this route, you could either, as has been suggested, create expressions, or, you could make an entry into the Lyrics window and auto-assign them. Not sure this second idea would save you time in the long run, though..

Here is the site: samuel.portertech.org/?cat=9

Good luck

Thanks for the link.
I am a registered user to the STL forum & customer options.
I've tried their fonts and they are really horrible to use with standard music.
I even thought of using my Publisher software and combine
Finale with the STL fonts in a kind of picture collage (that's how desperate I am ;) )

Jule

BrassOrigins
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2013

Posted 6/15/2015 5:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey guys, got it!!!!!!
Shape designer is just the thing!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help

Jule

Jolora
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JoloraAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 684

Posted 6/15/2015 5:29 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BrassOrigins said...
Thanks for the link.
I am a registered user to the STL forum & customer options.
I've tried their fonts and they are really horrible to use with standard music.
I even thought of using my Publisher software and combine
Finale with the STL fonts in a kind of picture collage (that's how desperate I am ;) )

Jule

Well, shoot! I was hoping you'd try the lyrics thing and tell me how it came out. h well.

Joe

Finale v1 through 2012c and now, finally, 2014d.
JW Plugins
TG Tools (Full)
Garritan GPO 4
Garritan COMB 2
Garritan JABB 3
Anvil Studio 2015 midi editor
Intel i7-4771 with 32GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64-bit