Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > MIDI to WAV  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Hugh McKee
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Hugh McKeeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 23

Posted 3/29/2002 12:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Tim, your breadeth of knowledge is amazing. However, I (we?) need help on the conversion of MIDI to WAV. On 23 Jan you offered semi-tutorial help to "Sniper Danny". Please be more detailed. In particular, what MIDI settings within FINALE do I need achieve MIDI to WAV conversion? Or is there FAQ responce I should read?

Tim Rowland
...Rowland...Rowland, though the streams are...

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Tim Rowland's website.Send a Private Message to Tim RowlandAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 1250

Posted 3/29/2002 2:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hugh,

I'm not quite sure how your post got into this thread, but here goes...

Recording from MIDI to WAV in Finale is very easy. In addition to Finale, you need a program capable of recording WAVE files, such as Creative Wave Studio, CoolEdit, Soundforge, etc.

The first thing to do is check that your sound device is set up to record MIDI playback. To check this:
  1. Double click on the volume icon down the bottom right hand corner of your screen.

2. From the menu choose "Options", then "Properties" and click on the Recording radio button.

3. Make sure there is a check next to MIDI

4. Press OK, and you will now see Record Control instead of Play Control. Underneath MIDI, make sure "Select" is ticked. This enables you to record MIDI, then close this window.

5. Open Finale, and have your file ready to play back

6. Open your WAVE recording program, and start recording

7. Switch back to Finale, and press play

8. When playback has finished, switch back to the recording program, and click the stop button. Your wave should be recorded, ready to burn to a CD (after editing if required).

When you intend to burn WAVEs to a CD, you must make sure that they are recorded at 44.1kHz, 16 Bit and Stereo - this is the only format supported for CDs.

Hope this helps you - don't hesitate to ask again if you don't understand.

Cheers,

Tim