Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > (No Subject)

Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich W.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Rich W.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2013
Total Posts : 56

Posted 11/20/2016 9:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Does anyone know how to have the word "draft" placed over the pages of choral music in a professional way in a diagonal?

Rich

Finale 14.5
windows 10
64 bit
Intel DB75EN motherboard
Intel G2 120 Processor
Roland RD 300GX Keyboard

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/20/2016 11:35 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think most people do it post-Finale, applying a watermark with a PDF program.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 11/20/2016 11:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
As far as I know, you'll have to convert the Finale file to PDF in order to have a transparent watermark. There is a free service that you can use. See example attached below.

www.ilovepdf.com/pdf_add_watermark

N.

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work

Finale 2014.5, not used by my clients

(Finale v25 - not interested yet)

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Draft.png
  152KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 176 time(s).

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/21/2016 12:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I found an inexpensive app for the iPad, called DocMark. Text only, and it automatically scales the size, but you input your own text and choose font, horizontal or diagonal, and degree of transparency.

Quite respectable, for $2!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michel R. E.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 7430

Posted 11/21/2016 1:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I bought a slightly older version of Adobe Acrobat (it cost around $100), and it does this easily.
I use Acrobat so much that it was worth paying for (even if I didn't pay much).
Just last week I had to take a PDF form letter someone sent me and added check boxes and boxes to fill information directly into the PDF rather than have to print it out, fill it out, then re-scan it and re-send it.

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries), putting Finale 25 through its paces.
Windows 8.1
basically ALL Garritan libraries, plus XSample Chamber Ensemble.

"Art critics suffer from Pigeon Syndrome. Pigeons like to leave their mark on monuments. But at the end of the day, the pigeon remains a pigeon, and the monument remains a monument."