Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Adding page that do not count in the numer of pages  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

irish28
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to irish28AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 77

Posted 9/10/2015 3:56 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

Don't know if I'm clear with the title ;-)

I have composed a clarinet quartet, and at the end I have a Da Capo, but the key is not the same, so I want to make the beginning key at the end of the music, just before the Da Capo.
What I've done : I have created one more measure, with the same key as the beginning, and I move that measure to a new page (end of the document).
When I want to print, I only print the 8 pages, and not the ninth (with the blank measure).

The problem is, as I have 9 pages now, if I insert page numbers (style 1/8, 2/8, etc ...), I'm going to have 1/9, 2/9, ...
I don't want the last page to count in the total of pages.

Is it possible ?

I work with Finale 2014 but my publisher uses Finale 2012.

Thanks
Alex

Finale 1997 to 2014d with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0 and Concert & Marching Band
East West quantum Leap Complete Composer Collection
Win 7/Pro, Intel Processor, 4 GB RAM

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 9/10/2015 4:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Instead of putting the last measure on a new page, you could hide its barline and set its width to zero (make sure that the default rest isn't visible by inserting a hidden rest or by using a Staff Style). Then you could include it on the last line of your quartet, you'll see a courtesy key/time signature ostensibly at the very end and you won't need an extra page.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 2014d, Sibelius 4 - 7
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Dolet 6 plugin
MacOS 10.10.5
MacPro 6GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8GB

Amsterdam

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 9/10/2015 4:21 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Instead of putting the last measure on a new page, you could put the last measure on a new system, and position this system outside the right edge of the last page so that the new system does not print.
To position a system “off-page” you must de-select “Avoid Margin Collisions” in the Page Layout menu.
When the menu item “Avoid Margin Collisions” is de-selected, you can have negative values in the dialog box Edit System Margins.

Peter

Mac Finale, 2011c, 2012c & 2014d, Dolet 6.4 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.9.5, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

irish28
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to irish28AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 77

Posted 9/11/2015 2:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Brilliant !
I tried Vaughan's tip, it works.
Thanks a lot

Finale 1997 to 2014d with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0 and Concert & Marching Band
East West quantum Leap Complete Composer Collection
Win 7/Pro, Intel Processor, 4 GB RAM

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 9/11/2015 3:48 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Or just use "8" instead of <Total Pages> field. smilewinkgrin

"This is me helping."

Finale 2014d, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.10.5)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk