Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > finale dete 2 staves instead of one??,  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mrblue
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mrblueAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 34

Posted 12/31/2016 3:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi there
it's a problem i've never been used to
i'm trying to delete one staff and everytime i do that finale delete the staff i want but also the one below

i selected the one i want to delete , everything is fine and then i chose from the menu delete and reposition , in the end the staff below is also deleted

i don't know what's happening here

please help!

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 12/31/2016 5:01 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why not delete it from the Score Manager?

Are you sure it's not a two-stave instrument, like a piano?

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

mrblue
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mrblueAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 34

Posted 12/31/2016 5:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
man you are the best
i just deleted it from the score manager and it worked fine
the problem is that when you do that from the sm then the reposition is f.up everything is messed up after that , but at least i didn"t deleted the staff below
and no it's not a 2 stave instruments it's a tuba and the instrument below is timpani so not the same kind

thanks a 1000 times you saved me a lot of time

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 12/31/2016 11:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This has happened to me on several occasions (in the Staff Tool), and the disappearing staff was part of another group (like 1st violins).
At least, the ScoreManager works more reliably.

Michel
Finale 25.2, 2014.5, 2012c main, MacOsX 10.11.6, Mac Mini Intel i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express.