Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > CC64 to pedal markings  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

hastoy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to hastoyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2010
Total Posts : 8

Posted 10/13/2010 1:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi guys, continuing a thread I had started on the Finale Windows forum... anyone here could code a plugin that converts CC64 data to sustain pedal markings ? There's the Pedal Lines plugin for Sibelius but nothing for Finale... Thanks :-)  Bob

hastoy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to hastoyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 10/13/2010 5:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If I need nothing Jetcopy I'll let you know lol

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 11/20/2010 5:50 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hastoy, can you send me a sample file with both the CC64 data how you would like it to look?

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finale Productivity Tips site

hastoy
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 11/20/2010 9:11 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Jari, just go to my web site pianobello.com and download the demo midi file ( http://www.pianobello.com ) there's plenty of sustain pedal work in this one. I would like Finale to automatically detect pedal on and off events and write them in the traditional way ( P for pedal on and * for pedal off). It's incredible that such a popular (and great) software like Finale doesn't have that feature !
Btw I could provide Finale a great new feature myself: on a piano solo score there could be a button called "acoustic piano" wich would send me the score in the midi format. I would record my automated grand piano (Disklavier) playing the file and then send back the audio recording :)  Cheers, Bob

Post Edited (hastoy) : 12/20/2010 6:18:24 AM (GMT-6)

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 12/4/2010 2:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've made a quick plug-in for this now, just as a test. One current limitation is that it'll only work with available Maestro articulation markings. It's in the Plug-ins for Finale section on the tips site. The plug-in is called "JW Pedal".

Let me know how it works.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finale Productivity Tips site