Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Show Active Layer Only  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ianfgw
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ianfgwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2012
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/25/2012 3:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all,

I'm using Finale 2011b.r2, and I've created a simple Finalescript for Show Active Layer Only. When I run it, it works, but the music I'm looking at also "jumps" back a ways. In Page View, the music changes to the previous page, and in Scroll View, it goes all the way back to the beginning. Makes it not really worth it if I have to find where I was again after running the Finalescript.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ian

Kelby
MakeMusic, Inc. Employee

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to KelbyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 69

Posted 10/26/2012 10:38 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Could you post the script please? would be helpful to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,
-k

Kelby

"Talent Borrows, Genius Steals" Igor Stravinsky
Mac and PC Finale user since version 3.5+

ianfgw
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ianfgwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2012

Posted 10/26/2012 11:27 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there -

The whole script is:

menu item "Show Active Layer Only"

(Is there a better or more 'official' way to post the script?)

Thanks!

Kelby
MakeMusic, Inc. Employee

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to KelbyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 10/26/2012 1:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Try just these commands:

show active layer only

and/or

show all layers

You can then remove the menu item command completely. Furthermore, assign a keyboard shortcut to each script.

If you are new to Finale script, I would highly recommend perusing the online Help Manual. The article is extensive and offers general directions on how scripts can be used.

Kelby

ianfgw
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2012

Posted 10/26/2012 5:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Kelby,

Thanks for the reply! I actually had assigned a keyboard shortcut already - and I tried removing the menu item command like you suggested, but when I run the script, the document still moves back to the beginning. Any ideas? I would attach a file, but since Finalescript isn't document-specific, I don't know that that would help - but if so, I'm happy to...

Thanks a lot!

Kelby
MakeMusic, Inc. Employee

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 11/26/2012 5:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have been trying out different scenarios attempting to emulate the same behavior, and have not been able to replicate the problem you are having. But I have been able to emulate your issue when I flip layers during note entry when my cursor/caret is on a different location than the page/measure I am viewing.

-K

Kelby