Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Hairpins  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

MAINSTREAM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MAINSTREAMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2012
Total Posts : 110

Posted 10/18/2016 7:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello from London
ENGLAND

I would like to ask if I may and forgive me if the question is to basic for the blog !!
What do most users find the easiest way
To enter many hairpins
Say for a brass section in a big band
I'm having a problem making them align
Have used the TG tool plugin
I'm on Windows 2012
Thankyou for any positive comments by return
M

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 10/18/2016 8:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello from Amsterdam
HOLLAND

I often turn on the filter and copy and paste them this way, both vertically between staves and horizontally to other measures/systems. Alt-clicking is good for copying hairpins to the same rhythmic position and otherwise select/dragging to other beats than the original. This is certainly quicker than entering them all separately by hand.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25, Sibelius 4 - 7
Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

MAINSTREAM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MAINSTREAMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2012

Posted 10/18/2016 8:34 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for your reply Sorry which filter
Do you mean
M

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 10/18/2016 9:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Edit Filter. That's very basic functionality. If you're unaware of it, chances are you're not taking advantage of many of Finale's features which will save you endless time and effort.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25, Sibelius 4 - 7
Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

MAINSTREAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2012

Posted 10/18/2016 10:00 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Now you have added added the word edit
I'm right there
Thanks
Understood

MAINSTREAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2012

Posted 10/18/2016 10:02 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
With the alt clicking
Did you mean highlight the handle in the middle of the crescendo
Then hold down alt
And click where you want the crescendo to go
For example in the next staff
Thanks

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 10/18/2016 10:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari has a plugin for this. I believe it is the JW Pattern plugin. If they are already in the score, the Smart Shape Tool has an alignment feature as well.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Graham Lloyd 1956
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Graham Lloyd 1956AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2014
Total Posts : 4

Posted 11/20/2016 6:56 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If the notation is the same for the different instruments try Smart Find and Paint. I use this all the time for the very thing you're talking about. However, it only works if the rhythms in the other parts/staves are rhythmically identical. Smart find and paint covers articulations, too. It does have limitations so experiment with it. Again, I use it every day in my scores...can I warn you that if you set up your first hairpin incorrectly (too long, wrong angle, too open, etc) that same incorrect 'whatever' will be transferred to all other staves - but only those staves with the exact same rhythms, remember.

Graham Lloyd
Graham Lloyd Music